50+ non phone work from home jobs to make money online
Tell me what is not possible in terms of working from home today?
You can work from home and still avoid using phones.
Yes, we are talking about non phone work from home jobs that you can do to make money online. Not only are these online jobs flexible, but they can replace your full-time income (some make 5 figure income if you are invested)
But, why would you need to look up online jobs that do not use phones?
If you are a stay at home mom or dad or someone who lives in a shared space, you know how difficult it can get to talk over the phone to a client.
What is the possible solution? Choose a non phone work at home option
Let’s start looking at legitimate work from home jobs hiring right now.
#1 Editing & Proofreading
These are two of my favorite non phone work from home jobs!
Because they do not require any kind of degree or experience for you to start and has tremendous potential to earn.
I recently interviewed a stay at home dad working as a part-time proofreader who earns more than $2000+ a month and a woman who earns more than $3000 a month.
To get an overview of what it takes to become a proofreader (and, what the future will entail), get your hands on this online training on proofreading and it is FREE.
Isn’t that great?
Editing and proofreading are flexible, does not require a phone and are mostly home-based.
If you have a good grasp on the English language, this job might be for you. The best part is they do not require a degree to start
- Cactus – They offer freelance editing work regularly.
- Gramlee – They hire remote proofreaders/editors.
- Kibin – They have openings for work at home proofreadings occasionally so fill out the form on their website and be notified.
- Scribendi – Open to the US and other countries.
- Scribbr – It is open to all countries but you must be a native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree or higher. Besides this, you are also required to have experience editing academic texts. According to their website, you can earn $23 – $25 per hour
- Kirkus Media
- Proofreading now
- Sibia proofreading
You can check out 33 more places to find online proofreading jobs.
Do you know you do not even need a computer to start proofreading? All you need is to have an iPad.
If you want to know more about proofreading and how to start making money as a proofreader, grab this free training
If you are, start learning the tricks of the trade, be sure to check out this 45 minutes video training that will tell you a lot about being a successful proofreader. This is your step towards being profitable!
You can also check out the relevant posts to become a proofreader:
This is my recent favorite. I had no idea that you can work from home as bookkeeping and earn $80/hour.
If you love numbers, you can think about working from home as a virtual bookkeeper.
While I am listing this in a non-phone work from home job post, you might have to get on a call with clients sometimes. That said, most communication still happens over emails.
The following companies sometimes have remote bookkeeping jobs open:
- Accounting Department – They hire bookkeepers in the US but require you to have 3+ years of experience
- Bateman & Co. – Again, US only (Texas residents preferred).
- Belay Solutions – US only.
- Accounting Department
- Click Accounts
- Assurance Financial Management
- Best Professional Growth as a Bookkeeper: AIPB(American Institute of Professional Bookkeepers)
- Furever Bookkeeping
- Smart Books
- Robert Half
You can know all about the abovementioned companies (+ more companies that hire virtual bookkeepers) here.
I recommend you to take a few jobs and see how you like it. So are you ready?
You can also check out the relevant posts to become a bookkeeper:
—- FREEBIE —-
Download this guide and grab a 5 step plan to launching a profitable online business from home.
#3 Virtual Assisting
Depending on the kind of services you are offering, Virtual Assistant can be considered a non-phone job.
If you are confused with what a virtual assistant does or what is a virtual assistant generally, I highly recommend you to watch this one-hour long video Gina Horkey.
In fact, there are hardly any VA that I have met who uses a phone actively to be in touch with clients. Communications happen mostly over email.
There are so many services that you can offer as a virtual assistant including website designing, writing, marketing, email marketing, administrative tasks etc.
You can also become a real estate virtual assistant. It is a HOT industry right now and pays $30/hr+.
If you are new to the virtual assistant business or wondering if it is for you, I highly recommend you to watch this 2-hour free training video.
It provides tonnes of value and answers a million questions you might have on how to become a virtual assistant or what is a virtual assistant in the beginning.
You can check out these companies to look for beginner virtual assistant jobs
- Contemporary VA – Pay is $10 hourly.
- Belay Solutions – This is for the US only
- Fancy Hands – Again, it is for the US only. You get paid per task and anywhere between $2-10.
- Time, Etc. – It is for the US and UK only. You can earn between $11 and $16 hourly.
- Worldwide 101 – It is for the US and UK. It pays between $15 and $20 hourly.
- Startups.co or Zirtual – Earn between $13 to $18 hourly.
You can also check out the relevant posts to become a virtual assistant:
- How to become a virtual assistant: The ONLY guide you need to have
- How to become a Pinterest virtual assistant, interview #9 – Meet Teagan
- How to become a Virtual Assistant for FREE (Make $30+ an hour, easily!)
- Become a Pinterest Virtual Assistant: Make $4000+ a month
- How to become a virtual assistant with NO experience – earn $100 an hour!
Any transcription jobs involve listening to audio files and typing them out.
While medical transcription is outdated and no more in demand, you can break into general transcription with little to no past experience. You can easily find work from home transcription jobs online.
You can also check out this post on how to find online transcription jobs from home
To become a transcriptionist, you need to pay attention to small details and have a longer attention span.
- AccuTran Global – They hire transcribers from US and Canada only and prefers past experience. Pay is per word ranging from $0.005/word to $0.0066. You will be getting paid to transcribe once a month with a check or wire transfer.
- Babbletype – Neither do they have location specifics, nor they need you to have experience to apply to any non phone work from home transcriptionist jobs on their platform. They pay per audio minute and generally is between .40 cents and $1.00 depending on difficulty. You will get paid weekly with Paypal.
- Daily Transcription – They do not have transcription jobs regularly, but do check them out once a while for transcription jobs.
- Focus Forward – Again, they hire from the US only and require experience. The pay is better than others – $10 per 15 minutes of sound transcribed. You can expect to earn higher rates if you are transcribing foreign languages.
- GMR Transcription – While they do require you to be in the US only, but they do not need experience.
- Bam! They are into financial, academic, entertainment, and many other types of transcriptionist jobs. The website is set up purely for the client’s purpose so you won’t find an application or mention of hiring newbies for transcriptionist jobs. You will have to contact them via the form or email them at [email protected]
- TranscribeMe! –You will have to take a test before you can work with them
- Ubiqus They are currently hiring (only native US residents as of today) and looking to expand their roster of freelance transcriptionists. Ubiqus offers a variety of transcriptionists home jobs (from medical to legal and more, they have all types of work).
- Appenscribe Appenscribe is a great place to find transcriptionist jobs if you are fluent in multiple languages. While how much you get paid depends on the company that hires you; the usual pay is around is $0.005 per word.
- 3Play Media You will need to pass a skill and proficiency tests. However, you will be required to have at least 75 WPM and be good at internet research. Depending on your skills, you can get paid anywhere from $10.00 to $30.00 an hour depending on individual speed and efficiency.
- CastingWords This is one of the few job boards that provides transcriptionist at home jobs in 66 countries. The pay rates vary and you will need $1 in your account to ask for payouts.
- Crowdsurf They post the transcription jobs online through Mechanical Turk.
- Neal R. Gross If you have a bit of experience in the legal transcriptionist world, you can head on to Neal R Gross. They have a lot of legal transcriptions job online.
- RNK Transcription They offer legal and entertainment transcription jobs online. You will require to send in an email with your resume.
- Scribie This is a popular one and I am sure you would have heard about it. This is where beginner typist goes to find transcription jobs online. They hire across the globe and pay via PayPal. The pay rate is $10.00/audio hour. If you are able to complete three hours of audio in a month, you get a bonus $10.00.
- Transcriptions ‘N’ Translations
- 1-888-TYPE-IT-UP Yyou MUST be a US resident and will require to fill up a questionnaire to be considered. Once they contact you, you will be asked to take a short test.
- Verbal Ink
- Rev You will be making anywhere about $0.36 per audio minute. They pay weekly and use Paypal for all payments. You can apply here and get started with the transcriptionist job of your choosing. Check out detailed Rev Transcription Review
- Allegis If you are interested, you can send them an email on [email protected]
- Net Transcripts You need to be a US resident and pass a background check.
- Focus Forward They hire transcriptionist from all over the world and pay approx. $0.40 per audio minute.
- Kendal Creek Communications You will find legal, political and general transcription from home jobs online. For general legal, they pay by the page, ranging from .75/page to 1.75/page.
If you have no idea about starting out as a beginner transcriptionist, you can sign up for this free mini-course.
It is a basic walkthrough of what general transcription involves. This will also help you understand if the transcription is for you, how much can you earn and how to go about this.
How to make quick cash right now!
The easiest answer for how to make money right now, is to use Swagbucks and Survey Junkie in your free time.
Swagbucks is an extremely well-known app. It is also one of the easiest ways to make money online. In fact, it is absolutely free money and free of cost to use.
You will have to account SBs (Swagbucks) by watching videos, answering surveys, playing games and tonnes of other fun stuff. So, instead of wasting time surfing the net for an hour a day, do this on Swagbucks and earn a couple of hundreds for free.
If you can refer to it your friend, you earn a BIG bonus. I think you get 500 SBs for one referral.
You can redeem accumulated points and get your free money on Paypal.
Survey Junkie is one of the only survey companies that I recommend. It is the most reputed and reliable survey sites in the market.
You can access the surveys from your dashboard and redeem the points using Paypal. You should definitely give this one a try.
You can also check out these free ways to make money at home
#5 Freelance Writing
Oh, I love the idea of freelance writing.
DO NOT forget to check out this freelance writers training by Holly Johnson who earns more than $200k writing a year. She teaches all her tricks and give out practical tips on how you can make a full time income from home with freelance writing.
It is one of the most flexible of all the non-phone work at home options we talked before. It is easy to break into this field without any degree or past experience.
When I started out as a freelance writer, I had no experience to back it up. I still ended up making more than $1000 in the first month. Sign up for my 7 day free email course today.
To get a feel, you can start by applying to any of the sites below. The do not pay well, but you will get writing experience and a weekly paycheck.
If you like it, you can take it up professionally and build your own freelance writing business.
Most of these websites pay weekly or pay every two weeks via Paypal.
- Verblio – It is for US only. They pay $8 to $72 per post.
- Boost Media – It is open for all and the rates were not disclosed.
- Buy Keyword Articles – Again, US only. You can earn between $10 and $18 hourly.
- Crowd Content – It is for writers in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. They pay between 1.2 cents to 7.6 cents per word.
- The HOTH – You have to be a native English speaker and anywhere in the US. You can make between $15-17 an hour.
- Online Writing Jobs – Again, it is for US only. Pays around $15 per article.
- Scripted – The pay ranges between $10 to $25 or more.
You can check out these places that you to contribute articles. You can also check out this post on Get paid to write: 21 blogging sites that pay $150+
You can also check out the relevant posts to become a freelance writer:
- What is freelance writing? – An ultimate guide
- What I did to earn $900 as a freelance writer and a non-native English speaker?
- 10 ways to find freelance writing jobs for beginner (#1 is my favourite)
#6 Online ESL Tutoring
Of all the non phone jobs that we mentioned above, this is the one that requires you have constant touch with students online and help them learn the English language.
Besides a computer, you also need a webcam so that your students can see you.
This is a great option for people with teaching experience in the past along with any college degree. You can, on average, get paid $20 an hour.
Most of the companies listed below hire only from the US, UK, Canada and Australia.
- EF Education First – Besides being a native speaker and having a college degree, you also need a TEFL certification. The pay is $12 – $19 / hour.
- QKids – Earn up to $20 hourly.
- SayABC – Earn up to $21 hourly.
- Cambly – This is one of the few platforms that does not require you to have an English degree to teach online.
- VIPKid – Earn between $14 and $18 hourly tutoring Chinese children in English.
- Magic Ears – Earn $18-26 an hour working from home
- NiceTalk – Applicants with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate or IELTS/TOEFL teaching experience are preferred, but it is not a mandatory requirement. Pay is $10 / hour.
#7 Search Engine Evaluation
As a search engine evaluator, your job is to analyze queries that people type into Google or Bing search and determine the best possible results to match up to that query. The ultimate purpose of this is to enhance user experience.
While you do not require any past experience, the companies listed below will grill you with their application process before deciding to hire you
- Appen – It is open to all and the pay varies with the tasks. As a search engine evaluators, you can expect to make around $13 – $15 hourly.
- iSoftStone – You can earn approx. $12 hourly.
- Lionbridge – Earn $13 hourly or more.
- KarmaHub – Earn $11 hourly.
You will have to sign an NDA with these companies before you can start working from home. They cannot afford you to share information about what you are doing publicly.
Also, you will have to exclusively work with one. If you work with a competitor, they will not allow you to work with them.
#8 Chat non phone work from home jobs
Live chat support are becoming more and more common. It is the best and the fastest way for customers to connect with the brand instantly.
Check out this post on email chat support jobs from home
Many of these chat support agents work from home. Here are 3 companies that hire chat support agents regularly
- Apple – It is open to the US. While the pay is not listed, it is said to be above $13 an hour.
- Ginger.io – You will be working at home providing mental health services to people who need it via chat.
- The Chat Shop – You can earn between $9 and $10 hourly handling chats for various companies.
#9 Online Academic Tutoring
Before you get too excited, I want you to check if the job you apply does not involve a phone.
While many of these online academic tutoring jobs happen over chats, different companies prefer different modes of communication.
Most of these companies require you to have a college degree or be pursuing a college degree to apply for any of these online academic tutoring jobs.
- Brainfuse – You can earn approx $10 per tutoring session.
- PrepNow – Pays $15 or more per hour.
- Tutor.com – Earn between $9 and $13 hourly
- Aim-4-A Tutoring – You need a bachelor’s degree for this.
#10 Academic Test Scoring
If you do not like to teach, you can score test and make money. It is a flexible non-phone work from home job.
You need some kind of experience and a college degree to become a test scorer. For example, ETS and Pearson (listed below) require you to have qualifications and past teaching experience.
WriteScore requires a two-year college degree.
- ETS – You can earn between $10 and $20 hourly depending on the project.
- Measurement, Inc. – Approx. $11 hourly.
- Pearson – Pay is $10 and more per hour.
- WriteScore – You can expect to make between $8 and $15 hourly depending on your speed.
#11 Social Media Moderators and Managers
As a social media moderator or manager, you are responsible to manage forums and social media platforms for businesses.
You work will include responding to comments, delete inappropriate comments, etc.
- Crisp Thinking – It is for the people in the US and some other countries. You can expect to make between $10 and $15 hourly for social media moderation work.
- The Social Element – Earn approx. $15/hr
- ICUC – Pay starts out at $10 hourly, If you know more than one language, your chances of getting through are more than others.
- LiveWorld – Earn approx. $8 and $10 hourly.
- Metaverse Mod Squad – Pays around $8 hourly for moderators.
- Lithium – According to Glassdoor, this job pays around $12 hourly.
If you know more than language, you can get translation jobs.
As a translator, you are responsible to convert one language to another. It could be text, video, or audio. This is an extremely flexible non-phone online job from home.
- Gengo – Earn between $3 and 8 cents per word translated.
- TextMaster – Earn between $1.30 to $9.75 per 100 words translated.
- Verbal Ink
- Verilogue – Earn approx. $5.10 per audio minute.
#13 Data Entry
You can work from home without using a phone. All you have to do is transfer data from one source to another.
Most of the companies that have data entry jobs from home require little to no experience. You can apply to the following companies that regularly hire data entry professionals.
So, if you are interested in entry level data entry jobs and are fast at typing accurately, read on
- Dion Data is a legitimate Data Management Service Bureau. They only hire from the US and pay per piece. You will find an application on their website and all you need is to fill that out. Currently, they are not hiring but do add this to the list and keep checking back for open data entry positions.
- Lionbridge or The Smart Crowd – They hire people from across the globe. Pay is per piece and all the payments are made using Dwolla.
- Amazon MTurk – This is a great place to earn some extra money and not to make a full-time income. Sign up and look for data entry or data processing positions. You will find a list of short tasks.
- Cass Information Systems – You will find data verification and data entry work on this platform. Check or search for “Data Verification Clerk” positions. They generally do not have a work from home job for data entry and training onsite is required before you can start
- Clickworker – You can check this for data entry tasks.
- Xerox – This is one of the usual platforms to find data entry work from home jobs. Just search for “work from home data entry” on their careers page to see these listings. Do look before you apply to any position – many of the positions listed on Xerox are location-based work.
- Ibotta – Besides saving cash on groceries, you can also search for data entry position open. Note that the positions are only for people based in Colorado.
#14 Medical Coding
Medical coding is another flexible non-phone job that does not require a landline as well.
As a medical coder, you will convert the health services into codes for billing purposes. You do need a background and certification for this role.
For some roles, you are required to have experience as well. You can find work-at-home medical coding jobs here
- The Coding Network, – All applicants must live and work in the United States and have an active coding certification CPC, CCS, RHIA, RHIT, RCC etc.
- Codebusters They are not hiring right now but they pay hourly for medical coding tasks
#15 Website testing (Quick non phone work from home jobs)
Website testing is another great non phone work from home jobs. You can earn without ever looking at your phone.
While the work might not be available at all times, you can easily earn $10 for about 15 minutes of tasks. You are required to share an opinion on a new website and its usability.
- Analysia It records your screen and audio during testing and it typically takes around 15-20 minutes to perform a single task. This job is available for anyone worldwide who has a computer, Internet connection and microphone. They pay 10$ for each test via Paypal.
- Userfeel They pay 10$ per website testing jobs.
- TrymyUI They also pays 10$ to testers via paypal. Most of the tests take approx. 10 mins to complete.
- TestingTime pays upto €50 depending upon the client’s testing requirements.
- Startuplift pays $5 per test. You can join and start testing right away.
- Enroll lets you test websites and pays you accordingly. However, according to many, they pay is low. But, it also does not take more than 1-2 minutes.
You can check out this post on online portals that have website testing jobs.
#16 Customer support
You can also look for customer support roles where you are responsible to use email or online chat for assistance.
Yes, customer support services do not always require a phone. It is one of the best and quick non phone work from home jobs
If you are looking for a customer support role that doesn’t require you to use your phone, you will love these options.
Just Looking For Extra Cash or a few dollars?
There you go. I hope you find an online job suited to your needs.
Are you ready to rock 2019 with these non phone work at home job ideas?
Am I missing something? Do you know more non phone work from home jobs? Comment below and let us know
Join my Facebook community and post your questions, wins and get the support
Resources that can help you with land bookkeeping jobs from home:
Skillshare – Skillshare is my go-to place to learn a new skill without having to splurge hundreds of dollars. It is an online learning community where you can explore thousands of classes in design, photography, business, and more. You can get started with a free trial using my link and get access to hundreds of courses.
How to find and pitch clients your freelance services– Are you tired of looking for clients on Facebook groups and job boards? Did you land clients but they offered you peanuts? Well, the only thing you are missing in the picture is to learn how to find and pitch clients your services directly. Using the methods in the book, I was able to make $900 in the first month of freelancing and it has only grown from there. Check it out.
Become a work at home mom– A FREE training session that comes along with a workbook and guides you through the entire freelancing journey. Not only it tells you what is freelancing, but it also tells you the various option and how to go about establishing one (without any INVESTMENT cost).
FlexJobs If you are a freelancer, you should sign up with Flexjobs. It will help you go through great flexible job listings from legitimate employers quickly, easily, and safely. Every single job on FlexJobs is hand-screened for legitimacy, with no ads or scams mixed in, and every single job offers work flexibility such as telecommuting, freelance, part-time or other flexible options.