How much is 6 figures, 7 Figures, 8 Figures, 9 Figures
6 figures is how much?
How much is 7 or 8 figures?
How much is 9 figures?
These are common questions that come up!
When you hear someone having a six figure salary, seven figure salary or eight-figure salary or nine-figure salary, you want to know what that actually is!
Just yesterday, I happen to mention to a friend that Caitlin Pyle of Proofread Anywhere (an online business owner) makes over 6 figures or 7 figures and we can too!
and, the next question that came up was – how much is 6 figures? How much is 7 figures? How much is 9 figures?
In fact, we both started searching on Google to find the answer to it!
Just to be sure what we know is right. It happens! It is normal to be confused but I am here to help
You are not alone if you did you search “How much is 6 figures”, “How much is 7 figures”, “How much is 8 figures”, or “How much is 9 figures” in Google to get some help….
I have done it too!
So – How much is 6,7, 8 and 9 figures?
For starters, let’s tackle how much is 6 figures.
In short – 6 figures is 100,000 to 999,999. So, a 6 figure salary or income means you are earning between $100,000 and $999,999 a year.
Yeah, that’s a lot of money
Every digit is a figure so to make 6 figures, you will need 6 digits.
That means, if someone earns a 6 figure salary or income, they earn between $100,000 and $999,999 yearly.
Similarly, if someone earns 7 figures, they earn between $1,000,000 to $9,999,999
It goes on the same way for 8 figure income and 9 figure income.
We will go in depth in how it all works in terms of income and salaries. So stay with us!
Note – This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored listings. Please read disclosure policy.
What will you find in this article on 6 figures, 7 figures, 8 9 & 10 figures
If you read this article till the end, you will find a lot of useful information on
– What are 6, 7, 8 or 9 figures salaries?
– What type of work from home or corporate jobs can help you earn that
– What side hustles can help you earn 6 figure income ($1,00,000)
– How to earn 6 figure, 7 figure or 8 figure without a college degree
and many more.
How Much Is a Figure?
A figure is the same thing as a digit or a number.
This is the simple way to understand what 6 figures mean. So, remember – a digit in a number is what a figure means.
HOW MUCH IS 6 FIGURES
So, let’s start with the basic figure. How much is a 1 figure salary?
1 figure would be anywhere between 1 – 9 so a 1 figure salary is between $1 – $9
2 figure would be 10 – 99
3 figure would be 100 – 999
4 figure would be 1000 – 9999
and, so on and so forth.
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- Freecash: Get your own free account, complete small tasks, start collecting coins and cash them out. They’re giving out $500 a day & over $2500+ to their top users. Sign up here.
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed .Sign up now
- SurveyJunkie: With each survey, you can earn upto $3 – $7 easily. Signup here
- HarrisPoll: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get Signup bonus. Signup now
- Rakuten: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
- Neilsen Computer and Mobile panel: Get paid to ONLY install the app and do nothing else.
Looking for other paid survey opportunities, check out how to make $100 per survey and the highest paying survey companies.
How Much is 6 Figures and How Does it Relate to Money?
We already discussed how 1 figure = 1 digit, 2 figure = 2 digits and so on.
Let’s look at this concept with bigger values and see 6 figures is how much
- 4000 has 4 digits which makes it a 4 figure. So, if someone asks you how much is a 4 figure salary, you know what it is!
- 50,000 has 5 digits so that number is 5 figure
- 600,000 has 6 digits so that’s a 6 figure number.
- 7,000,000 has 7 digits and that makes it a 7 figure number.
- Lastly, 80,000,000 has 8 digits so that is a 8 figure number.
It goes on and on.
Those who earn $100,000,000 earn a 9 figure income (millionaires) and similarly, a 10 figure income would be $1,000,000,000 (billionaires)
How much is $100K?
Sometimes people refer six figure income as $100k+
100k is an abbreviation of numbers. When people say $100k or $200k or anything with a “K”, it means a thousand.
So, $100k is equal to $100,000 (hundred thousand)
Similarly, $200 is $200,000 (two hundred thousand)
When Rob and Melissa say there earn over $133k+ with thrift store flipping, they earn $133,000+ a year.
What percentage of Americans make a 6 figure income?
Now that you know how much is six figures, do you want to know what percentage earn that?
Well, I do.
According to Yahoo Finance, only 9% of Americans make a 6 figure income.
But, what does it mean to have a 6 figure salary? We know that already!
The people who do earn a 6 figure income (or $100,000 – $999,999) are said to earn a 6 figure salary
Is Making 6 Figures Good?
Mostly, yes. A 6 figure salary is good.
I am close to a 6 figure salary and we don’t have to worry about finances. In fact, you don’t have to as well!
Want to start making money online? Grab all the free guides here.
Are Six Figures earners Rich?
Yes and No.
While 6 figures would mostly mean you are living comfortably, a lot will depend on the city you live in and the standard of living.
For example, $100k in a city like New York or LA will not be considered rich.
However, if you are earning on the higher end of the 6 figure income spectrum ($200,000 to $999,999) you are considered wealthy.
How Can I Earn a 6 Figure Salary? What Jobs pay 100k a year?
You can work up the corporate ladder with a corporate jobs that pay you a 6 figure salary.
This would most likely require you to have formal education from a good college.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Highest Paying Occupations, there are 20 jobs with highest median annual pay (all of them are in 6 figures)
These jobs include:
- Anaesthesiologists – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Surgeons – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Orthodontists – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Psychiatrists – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Physicians and Surgeons, all other – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Obstetricians and Gynecologists – Equal to or greater than $208,000 a year
- Family and General Practitioner – $198,740 a year
- Internists, general – $192,930 a year
- Dentists, all other specialists – $190,840 a year
- Prosthodontists – $185,150 a year
- Chief Executives – $183,270 a year
- Paediatricians, general – $172,650 a year
- Nurse Anaesthetists – $165,120 a year
- Dentists, general – $151,440 a year
- Computer and Information systems managers – $139,220 a year
- Architectural and Engineering Managers – $137,710 a year
- Airline Pilots, copilots, and flight engineers – $137,330 a year
- Judges, magistrate judges, and magistrates – $133,840 a year
- Petroleum Engineers – $132,280 a year
How can I earn a 6 figure salary with side hustles?
Here are some work from home jobs to make a 6 figure income –
- Blogging: The blog you are reading now makes over $7k+ a month and it is growing drastically.
I mostly make money with affiliate marketing and advertising income.
Click here to start your blog for just $2.95/mo.
- Proofreading: If you are good with grammar and language, you can make over $100k with online proofreading jobs. Take this free training.
- Bookkeeping: You can become a bookkeeper with no experience and no accounting degree. Read about this stay at home dad that makes over $8000+ a month. Take this free training.
- Pinterest VA – Read about this stay at home mom who makes $10,000+ a month. Take this free training.
- Freelance Writing – Holly Johnson makes over $250k writing for others. Learn more about how she does it here.
It is time we discuss 7 figures! Starting with the basics –
How much is 7 figures?
If you understand how this math works, you now know how much is a 7 figure
7 figures is basically any number between $1,000,000 and $9,999,999. In other words, 7 figure salary is between 1 million and ten million.
What jobs pay 7 figures?
Usually, a corporate job cannot give you a 7 figure salary.
The people who do make a 7 figure income are generally high up the ladder and in the management. For example, the business owners or CEOs, movie stars etc.
Even social media stars can earn 7 figures like those who have millions of YouTube subscribers. Kylie Jenner, for example, is a social media star that earns a billion dollars!
What Is 7 Figure Business?
Any business generating $1,000,000 – $9,999,999 is considered a 7 figure business.
How can I make 7 figures?
While I did say CEOs and stars make 7 figures, there are jobs or tricks that can help you make this kind of income yearly.
Here are they:
1. Have multiple sources of income
Having only one source of income and one job can never get you to a 7 figure salary.
So, work on building multiple sources of income. For example, these are few ways to make $10000 quickly
Try out a few of them and see which one works for you. You can then stick to it and grow the business on the side.
2. Create a digital product
You can sell a digital product online and make a lot of money with it. However, you want to ensure that is solves a pain point.
For example, I have created this profitable work from home kit that I sell. In a single month, I have made over $500 with it.
I really want to help people get started with working from home so I have priced it affordably BUT if you can price a product or an online course higher, the profit will quickly double.
Creating a product that people like to buy can help you make a lot of money.
Want help knowing what product to make? Grab this training!
How to build a seven-figure income?
Earning a 7 figure income is NOT EASY.
You are looking to
- Work really hard
- Give it time and be patient
- Spend money on learning things and be ready to invest
- Never say NO
- Don’t fear mistakes and failure
- Adopt the money mindset and be ready to do what it takes
If you are dedicated and open to learning, noone can stop you from earning a 7 figure income
Are there 7 figure jobs that don’t require a degree?
Yes, there are jobs that do not require a degree and still help you earn a 7 figure income.
1. Sell products on Etsy or your blog
We already touched upon this!
Do you know Sara Titus, a blogger earns a 7 figure income with her printable shop and her courses? For real.
Go Google her up!
2. Fashion designer
If you are creative, you do not need a formal fashion designing degree.
Use your creativity and experience to make that happen
Some of the popular fashion designers didn’t go to college and get a degree.
For example Michael Kors, Karl Lagerfeld, and COCO Chanel launched successful fashion careers without finishing school.
You can too!
3. Real estate broker
While you do not require a college degree, you do need a real estate agent’s license.
Once you have the license and become a real estate broker, you can earn a 7 figure income.
You need at least 3 years of real estate industry experience to get the license. Start working as a real estate virtual assistant today!
4. Business owner
There is no college degree required to own a business.
You can earn a 7 figure income with almost all businesses, like, Amazon FBA.
How much is 8 figures and how much is an 8 figure salary?
If someone is earning 8 figure salary, it means – the salary is between $10,000,000 and 1 billion ($1,000,000,000).
What jobs pay 8 figures?
Again, 8 figure salaries are generally earned by CEOs, business owners, influencers, movie stars, athletes etc.
Movie Stars – How much is 6,7, 8 and 9 figures?
Top Earning Actors Earning 8 Figures or more
According to CNBC, the top-earning actors are:
- Dwayne Johnson: $89.4 million
- Chris Hemsworth: $76.4 million
- Robert Downey Jr.: $66 million
- Akshay Kumar: $65 million
- Jackie Chan: $58 million
- Bradley Cooper: $57 million (tie)
- Adam Sandler: $57 million (tie)
- Chris Evans: $43.5 million
- Paul Rudd: $41 million
- Will Smith: $35 million
Top Earning Actresses Earning 8 Figures
CNBC also estimates the top-earning actresses.
- Scarlett Johansson: $56 million
- Sofia Vergara: $44.1 million
- Reese Witherspoon: $35 million
- Nicole Kidman: $34 million
- Jennifer Aniston: $28 million
- Kaley Cuoco: $25 million
- Elisabeth Moss: $24 million
- Margot Robbie: $23.5 million
- Charlize Theron: $23 million
- Ellen Pompeo: $22 million
Athletes – How much is 6,7, 8 and 9 figures?
For athletes, Forbes estimated that the following earn 8 figures or more.
- Lionel Messi $127m (Soccer)
- Cristiano Ronaldo $109m (Soccer)
- Neymar $105m (Soccer)
- Canelo Alvarez $94m (Boxing)
- Roger Federer $93.4m (Tennis)
CEOs – How much is 6,7, 8 and 9 figures?
The top-earning CEOs are below:
- Elon Musk – CEO, Tesla. Annual Compensation – $2,284,044,884 (2.2 Billion or a 10 figure salary)
- David Zaslav – CEO, Discovery. Annual Compensation – $129,499,005 (9 figure salary)
- Nikesh Arora – CEO, Paolo Alto Network. Annual Compensation – $125,068,836
- Safra A. Catz – CEO of Oracle. Annual Compensation – $108,282,333
- John J. Legere – CEO of T-Mobile US. Annual Compensation – $66,538,206
Hedge Fund Managers
So, yes. Hedge fund mangers do make 8 figure or 9 figure salaries. Check out the top 3 according to Bloomberg
- James Simons – $1.6 billion! (9 figures)
- Ray Dalio – $1.4 billion! (9 figures)
- David Siegel – $750 million (8 figures)
What are the secrets to earning an eight-figure salary?
Earning a 8 figure salary is no joke. It is challenging and a big accomplishment.
A few things that I have noticed is common amongst these 8 figure salary earners –
- Niche down and specialise. The more focused you are, the more expertise you gain in a particular field.
All the lawyers, hedge fund managers, Youtubers who earn more than 7 figure have niched down and know what their audience wants.
- Diversification. Diversify your portfolio, make investments and have multiple sources of income
- Learn and invest in learning from the best
What Are 9 Figures?
Wow. That’s a lot of money. 9 figure salary is A LOT!
9 figures is basically a 100 million dollars or $100,000,000 ( 9 figures = 9 digits)
10 Figures and Beyond
A 10 figure salary (a billionaire) is earning at least $1,000,000,000!
10 digits in total.
It works the same way for 11 figures. 11 Digits. $10,000,000,000.
Wondering what about 12 figures? Same rule applies. $100,000,000,000
Now You Know How Much is 6,7, 8 and 9 figures and MORE!
So, now you know how much is 6, 7 and 8 figures as well as how to make 6, 7 or 8 figure income.
Have doubts? Comment below and ask me!