Best items to flip on eBay or resell for profit
Note – This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust. This means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Download some of the amazing FREE resources on flipping or reselling items for profit here –
Know the best items to flip on eBay or resell for profit on other platforms
Before you start out buying or selling on eBay or flipping items for profit, there is one obvious question you need to have a rock solid answer to –
- What are the best items to resell for profit?
- Are there products that you can buy cheap and sell for high prices?
- What can I buy at thrift stores to resell on eBay?
- Can you list the best items to sell on eBay?
- What are the easiest things flip?
In other words –
You need to learn to know what items are valuable for flipping purposes and things to look for at thrift stores to resell that can be actually sold for a profit.
Download: FREE guide on how to start selling on eBay and make profit from day 1
In my research, the following are the easiest items to flip for profit –
- Antiques of all varieties – People love antiques which is why they sell at high price on eBay. If the item has historical significance, it increases the value of the antique by multifold. You can also look at smaller vintage items like lamps.
- Furniture made of real and strong wood – You can find good furniture in flea markets and thrift stores. With sanding and a new coat of finish, you can sell it at almost 100% profit. It is also easy to sell upholstered chairs on the internet as well.
- Record Players and Jukeboxes – Many people are ready to buy record players and jukeboxes which are fitted with Bluetooth. If you can DIY, you could easily make profits with it.
- VCRs, LP Records: Yes, this is one of the most surprising things that sell well on ebay
- Bathtubs, porcelain sinks – It is definitely funny but these items sell easily on eBay/internet. If you can find something interesting (like clawfoot bathtubs) and in good condition, it can be super profitable.
- Painting and art: If you can find something good, you can sell it at a good profit margin. You can also keep an eye on vintage picture frames, they are hot selling items!
- Old edition board games
- Ceramic decorations that are rare to find
- Any thing vintage, like, kitchen tools, meat grinders, old coffee mugs, mason jars, rugs etc
- Sports memorabilia
- Video game consoles are worth lot more than you think! You can find good games for a steal ($1 -5) and sell them for over $50 (if you know which ones are in demand)
- Records and record sleeves
- Old cameras and camera lenses
- Jewellery, especially sterling silver
- Sport equipment
- Disney items
- Barbies and related accessories
- Anything related to Star Wars
- Vinyl records
- Shoes [DO NOT FORGET TO GRAB THIS SHOE FLIPPING WORKSHOP]
If you are interested in flipping shoes for a profit, DO NOT FORGET TO GRAB THIS SHOE FLIPPING WORKSHOP]
This is not an exhaustive list of top selling items on the internet or the best things to sell on eBay to make money. There are much more and you will NEED to learn the art of determining “WHAT WILL RESELL EASILY”
For this purpose, I have an easy and quick tip for you –
Whenever you go out, keep your phone with you so you can check whether or not an item will sell and what is the approximate value it is selling for (basically, if you can make adequate profit).
You can go to eBay, search for an item, select “sold items” from the left menu and sort it by high-low price. This will give you an idea of whether or not the item you are planning on selling it worth your time or not. Here is a quick screencast for you to understand how it works –
I am in India right now, so all of it shows in INR but you will get an idea on how to check for the value of an item. With this method, you can easily find the best things to resell on eBay or resell for profit
If you lookup on the internet, you will find many articles and blog posts on best things to sell on eBay to make money or easiest items to flip on the internet. However, you need to ask yourself and make a decision – is it worth selling on eBay or reselling it on any platform available to you?
I have known people make profit worth thousand dollars by selling a prosthetic leg they bought from a thrift store. So, there are LOT many weird things sold on eBay for lots of money. If you can find them, you will succeed at flipping items for profit.
Where to get products to sell, resell or flip
Step 1: If you are a beginner flipper or want to sell items on eBay to make quick money, you should start your own home. You will find many items worth money in your home. It is likely that you have valuable items sitting in the attic or garage. If you have a doubt whether it would sell or not, you can quickly Google it and see how much it is selling for.
If you want to learn how buying and selling on ebay works, I highly recommend you to take this webinar.
Step 2: Once you have wrapped your head around the idea of flipping items and buying items that can resell for profit, you can begin sifting through thrift stores, estate sales and garage sales in your area. You should be able to spot a few items to flip easily!
By the way, if you see branded clothes with tags on, you can buy them and flip them on eBay for profit.
How to resell items on eBay or other platforms for profit
Once you have repaired or refurbished items, it is time to become a flipping ninja and sell them to make money.
First, ff you are a first-time flipper, You can start out the easiest way to sell items and make profit – have a garage sale. You can also use the Facebook personal page or Marketplace to sell the items. Just ensure that you have well lit pictures from every angle and a good description.
—- FREEBIE —-
Download this guide and grab a 5 step plan to launching a profitable online business from home.
Second, you can sell items on craigslist, which is a legitimate way to flip items and make some money. You can reach out to many more people than with a few Facebook groups BUT Craiglist is becoming old and people are starting to encounter more scams on the platform. This can make the entire process fairly difficult
Third, Ebay is one of the best platforms to resell things for profit. If you are not familiar with the process, as other platforms, you can learn it easily and if you want to do it well from the first day, take this free webinar.
Tips to avoid losses and ensuring a profit on your finds
Always check online:
Your smartphone is your best friend when looking for item to flip for profit. But, before you go out shopping, make sure you have a reliable internet connection on your phone.
Whenever you spot an item, you can quickly look it up on eBay to check the value and whether it has been recently sold – this works as a great yardstick to judge. If you are unable to decide, check –
- How many of those items are listed on eBay
- What is the average bid
- How many items have been sold
- Past sales information and price range
Check for markings
If an item is in great shape and you think it will sell, check for markings on it. Many times, you can find stamps and marking on an object that you can search for online.
For example, authentic stamps on jewellery or brand markings on vintage collectibles. It may seem like just another thing but it could be worth a lot!
TAKE THIS FLIPPING CHALLENGE TODAY AND START EARNING MONEY ONLINE
Make a list of thrift stores that have discount days
There is nothing better than buying from a thrift store on a discount – what a day!
Most of the thrift stores will have days when the items are deeply discounted. Make a note of that and visit the store on those days!
Consider packaging costs
You should always (ALWAYS) bear in ind that you will have packaging costs and you can lose out on margins.
For example, the boxes or sheets that you have to use to pack the items. If you pack an item in a bigger box, you will also end up spending on packing material to fill the gaps and then again, for shipping.
Start Making a full-time income Every Month Flipping Items
How can you get started and become a flipping ninja? You need Flea Market Flipper University.
What is Flea Market Flipper University?
It is owned by a couple, Rob and Melissa, who earn more than $133000 just by flipping items that they find in thrift stores or flea market on eBay.
Flipper University is the best resource out there to earn how to flip items for profit and make this a real side hustle or even a full-time job.
In their university, you will get to learn –
- Learn how to find the best items to flip and what items have poor resale value
- Create appealing listings on Ebay, Facebook, Offer Up, and Craigslist and get items sold quickly.
- Learn how your smart phone can be your biggest weapon when flipping for profit.
- Ship items to maximize your profits every time.
- Make more money (potentially) than virtually any other side hustle around today.
It is because of the Flea Market Flipper University that it is a real full-time gig for many now. You can also check out their blog which is one of the best thrift store flipping blog on the internet today!
Do check out the Flipper university and the brilliant success stories of their students, right here.
Find some of their amazing FREE resources here –
Join my Facebook community and post your questions, wins and get the support
Resources that can help you with learning new skills and make money online:
Skillshare – Skillshare is my go-to place to learn a new skill without having to splurge hundreds of dollars. It is an online learning community where you can explore thousands of classes in design, photography, business, and more. You can get started with a free trial using my link and get access to hundreds of courses.
How to find and pitch clients your freelance services– Are you tired of looking for clients on Facebook groups and job boards? Did you land clients but they offered you peanuts? Well, the only thing you are missing in the picture is to learn how to find and pitch clients your services directly. Using the methods in the book, I was able to make $900 in the first month of freelancing and it has only grown from there. Check it out.
Become a work at home mom– A FREE training session that comes along with a workbook and guides you through the entire freelancing journey. Not only it tells you what is freelancing, but it also tells you the various option and how to go about establishing one (without any INVESTMENT cost).
FlexJobs If you are a freelancer, you should sign up with Flexjobs. It will help you go through great flexible job listings from legitimate employers quickly, easily, and safely. Every single job on FlexJobs is hand-screened for legitimacy, with no ads or scams mixed in, and every single job offers work flexibility such as telecommuting, freelance, part-time or other flexible options.
Also, grab this list if you are looking for other online and offline work at home jobs