How to make money online without paying anything
Do you want to make money online for free?
Do you often wonder how to make money online without paying anything?
It may sound outrageous, but it is totally possible. This post answers the most obvious questions you have –
- How can i earn money online without paying anything?
- How to make money online without investment?
- What are the online businesses without investment?
- How to work from home without investment?
We will answer all these questions in this post. For your easy access, it is divided into four parts –
- Online tasks to make quick money
- Online businesses
- Online service business
- Remote working
Note – This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust. This means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Check out this list for how to make money online without paying anything!
Online Tasks To Make Money Quick
Do you want to make some extra money in your spare time or while you watch Netflix?
You cannot get rich with these online tasks but they can help you earn some quick bucks. They are flexible and you can start making money very quickly.
Let’s look at 3 ways for how to earn money online without paying anything
1. Take Online Surveys
Taking surveys is one of the most popular and legit ways to make money online without paying anything.
There are so many legit websites that offer surveys and pay you up to $100 per survey.
Not only do they provide flexibility, but they also does not require you to have a set of skills, education or experience.
Besides survey, you can also make money watching videos, playing games, installing apps, streaming internet etc.
The best way to make a decent amount of money is to work with a few websites and get your hands on as many survey opportunities as you can.
— QUICK MONEY IDEAS —
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed. You can also work your way up to $7 per survey and product test .Sign up now
- Harris Poll Online: You can sign up with Harris Poll Canada or Harris Poll French. It is one of the most credible ways to make extra cash online
- Nielsen Computers: Get $50 only for installing the app and letting them monitor your internet behaviour. Sign up here.
- InboxDollars: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get $5 Signup bonus. Signup now [If you are in the UK, sign up here – Inbox Dollars UK]
- Vindale Research: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
How to Get Started with Online Surveys:
A few tips –
- Create a new email address to use for survey sites. You do not want your main email address flooded with survey emails.
- Sign up with all the survey sites listed above
- Start taking surveys. The emails that you get will disclose the amount you can earn with the survey. You can start with the ones that pay more.
Quick Tip – Be honest about your information on all the surveys. Once they see consistency and truthfulness, they increase the pay for each and every survey sent to you
Related posts –
2. Online Micro Tasks
There are online micro task websites that allow you to earn money by completing small tasks. These tasks can take anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours.
It includes moderating content, research, data entry, etc.
Micro tasks are not paid a lot. They are not a high paying side hustle but the work is flexible. It is a great alternative to earning money with surveys.
Some of the leading websites for microtasks are:
Considering the tasks are something small or menial, I recommend you track for your time.
While micro tasks is a great way to make money, it can become tedious and the pay might not be satisfying for many jobs on available on the platform.
How to Get Started with Microtasks:
- Create an account on multiple micro task websites
- Check the tasks available (pay attention to the pay and time that it will reasonable take to finish)
- Apply and work on tasks that are worth in terms of time and pay.
- Track your hourly wage every week
3. Test Websites
Testing websites is another side hustle to make money online without paying anything.
Brands and businesses need feedback on their websites, especially, on the designs, functionality and user friendliness and many of them are willing to pay to get that real feedback.
If you want to become a website tester and make money online, you can start out with
While the money depends a lot of factors, you can easily earn $10 – 60 per test. The companies would require you to record audio or video while you are on the website or the app you are testing.
The opportunities, however, are limited. You will not be able to find regular gigs in this area.
It is a popular way to make money online and that is why there are more testers than opportunities.
How to Get Started as a Website Tester:
- Signup as a tester on these websites
- You need to have a computer with an internet connection, a webcam, and a mic.
- Complete the test task and become eligible for paid gigs
- Apply the testing opportunities that are available and follow the directions.
Start a business
If you want to make big money online, you should start an online business. It could be your side hustle until you decide to make it your full-time job.
4. Flipping items for cash
If you haven’t heard of flipping items for profit, you are missing out money on the table.
When I say flipping – all I mean – is to buy an item that is underpriced from a thrift store, flea market or local markets and resell it online for a huge profit margin.
If you are looking to make money online without paying anything, you can start out with items around or learn how to source items for free
You can either focus on selling one item which can give away a $1000 profit or a few smaller items that can help you earn that profit. Find out the list of best items to flip on eBay
A few things that you can sell online are
- Household electronics (receivers, record players, stereo equipment etc.)
- Musical instruments
- Antique etc
You can check out these list of all the profitable items to flip on eBay.
I know what you are wondering – How the freak do you start flipping the right way? I am a n00b and I don’t know if I can make profit?
You need to check out this FREE webinar to learn about how to start flipping items for profit.
If you like challenges and get motivated to work on them, you can sign up for this flipping challenge and make $1000 fast.
5. Sell your very own crafts
Crafts are popular and they sell.
If you love creating new things and people seem to like it enough to buy, it is time to sell it. You can find a market to sell almost anything online.
Check out this post on crafts that make you money or better yet, Christmas crafts that you can sell during the holidays
Etsy is one of the most popular platforms to sell crafts.
You can check out the products that are hot on the platform and see if your product is profitable enough to start a craft business
6. Sell on Amazon
If you are an online shopping freak or are good at spotting good deals, then you may consider Amazon FBA program.
You can find good deals on brick and mortar stores or online and resell them on Amazon platform at a higher price.
With Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA), Amazon will handle the shipment and other handling. That means, all you have to worry, is shop for it.
Jessica from the Selling Family makes $5000+ a month working part-time.
You can check out her free course on using Amazon FBA here
Start an Online Service Business
If you are looking to make more money online (with higher earning potential), the opportunities in this section would suit you.
While any online business need investment, there are alternate ways to start out with ZERO investment.
With these online businesses, you get the flexibility to make it a part-time or a full-time gig and earn accordingly.
Grab your copy today and start on the right footing
7. Become a Virtual Assistant
A virtual assistant is someone who assists other businesses virtually and offer a number of different services.
For example, you can manage social media, Facebook ads, Pinterest, blog, affiliate programs and much more.
There are more than 150+ services you can offer as a virtual assistant.
The amount of money depends a lot on your experience and skills.
There are some more complicated jobs like product launch and email copy that are paid more ($100 and more per hour) than other basic jobs like administrative tasks.
Not only is virtual assistant a flexible work at home job, but it also has great income potential. For example, this woman make $10000+ a month working as a Pinterest Virtual Assistant.
It can be a part-time or a full-time work at home job. So, you can make it a side hustle or a full time job.
There are a few websites that can help you to find work as a VA, like:
If you want to learn more, please see my article How to Become a Virtual Assistant.
How to Get Started as VA:
- Make a list of virtual assistant services you want to offer
- Build a services website to promote yourself. While you may make do with a Facebook business page for sometime, once you have some money, you can get a self hosted domain for your website
- You can look for beginner virtual assistant job on the websites mentioned above. You can also find clients on Facebook groups.
- Learn how to pitch clients directly
8. Work as a Bookkeeper
If you have experience in accounting or bookkeeping, it is a great way to make money online.
In fact, you do not need any educational background or experience to become a bookkeeper.
Just to make it clear – Accountants are normally responsible to figure out the taxes owed by businesses and prepare tax returns NOT bookkeepers.
Bookkeepers are responsible for –
- Updating financial records
- Creating reports
- Checking accuracy of the records
- Entering financial records in computer programs
- Putting debits and credits to appropriate accounts etc.
If you are interested in making money online, you can also read this interview with a stay at home dad who makes more than $8000 a month.
You can also find remote bookkeeping jobs on these websites.
Grab this FREE bookkeeping course and find out if it is the right online business for you
How to Get Started as a Bookkeeper:
- First off, you need to get trained on how to become bookkeeper. You can access a FREE course here
- To begin with, you can apply for jobs on these websites.
- Start searching for target clients and pitch them directly.
Also check out this post on how to become a bookkeeper with no experience
9. Become a Transcriptionist
If you have typing skills and do not mind sitting for a long period of time, working as a transcriptionist is a great option.
You can find transcription work easily and it is also very flexible. A few that are always hiring are
- GMR Transcription
You can find more transcription companies here. When you apply to any, you will most certainly be required to pass a test.
The pay varies a lot but there is great income potential. You could also start your own transcription business and earn $1000 and more in a month easily.
Sign up for this FREE course on general transcription here.
How to Get Started as a Transcriptionist:
- You need to have the basic transcription gear to do the job. To begin with, you need a computer, headset, internet connection and in many cases, a foot pedal.
- Apply to the best transcription companies
- Take the test.
- Once you have cleared the test, you will be able to earn money from jobs that are available.
10. Freelance Writing
I started out as a freelance writer and trust me, it is a great way to make money online.
With so many blogs and websites coming up each day, there is an increasing demand for freelance writers.
You can pick up any niche or industry to work in – for example – medical, finance, marketing, IT etc. and there are ample opportunities.
If you want to make a full time income online, focus on gigs that are recurring. For example, a company needs regular blog posts but may be not a whitepaper. So, start selling blog posts.
Similarly, I recommend you stay away from low paying content mill jobs. They rob of your time that would otherwise be spent on finding high paying clients.
Some freelancers make six figures and more annual. Like Holly, who makes $250k in a year writing for others. Ignore the low-paying jobs and focus only on those that pay a decent rate.
Note: I HIGHLY recommend you to check out Holly’s course “Earn More Writing”. She has been able to make more than $250k+ a year as a writer and shares all her secrets in the course.
There are many ways to find clients. If you are looking for freelance writing gigs on job boards, then you can check out
How to Get Started as a Freelance Writer:
If you are a grammar fanatic, this online job is definitely for you. You will be responsible for correcting errors, typos and such.
Caitlin Pyle of Proofread Anywhere made $40,000+ in her first year proofreading and she was working only part-time.
You can also check out how this stay at home dad with FOUR kids made over $2000+ working part-time.
You can also check out my interview with Melinda where she talks about how she made $3000+ working from home and with flexible hours.
You can also check out my guide on How to become a proofreader and earn $40k+ a year working part-time
You can also apply to companies that regularly hire proofreaders
How to become a proofreader
If you are interested in this online job and want to become a proofreader, I highly recommend you should sign up for this FREE webinar.
Whether you are looking for full-time income or want to make extra money online, blogging is a great option.
You can work at your schedule and earn at least a $1000 a month. There are bloggers who make $5000-50000+ a month with their blog. You can also check out how I make money blogging and how you can too.
Note: This blogger makes over $100000 a MONTH. Check out her story and how she makes money online blogging.
In fact, you can make a few thousand dollars with CPM ad networks without having to use Google Adsense or affiliate marketing.
The potential is endless!
This is why it had to top the list of the best online jobs at home for moms and housewives. You can start a blog on –
- Health & Wellness
- Mind and Body
- Save Money
- Make money
- Modeling etc
It is the perfect stay at home mom job because you are in total control of your schedule (and, there are no “deadlines” as such!)
If you are starting out, you SHOULD also check out this roundup on expert tips on driving traffic to a new blog and start with my start a blog series.
Recommended tools for blogging for beginner moms wanting to work at home –
- You can start a blog with as little as $3.95 a month or Rs. 276 a month or go with the free options. However, I do not recommend using free options. You can read more about it here
- Ready Set Blog for traffic – It is an EXTREMELY underpriced course on how to make money with a blog for beginners. It tells you how to set up your blog, use Pinterest and implement SEO strategies. Using her tips, I have been able to rank on page 1 of Google. You can read my first income report here.
- TSA – They are a bunch of resources by the owner of theSheApproach. Her books are amazing and filled with great information. You can get affordable (and, many of them are free as well) on affiliate marketing, boosting traffic, and Pinterest strategies.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Stupid Simple SEO (FREE COURSE) – It is the best investment I have made in the blog land. Take Mike’s course, apply it on your blog and you can see the results pouring it.
- FREE SEO lessons (video) – If you’re looking for video classes on SEO, you cannot miss out what Lena has to tell you.
Pinterest (DO NOT MISS THIS!)
- Take this FREE Pinterest class by Cate Rosales.
- Pinteresting Strategies – This is an affordable course that tells you how to use (and, how NOT to use) Pinterest to drive traffic. Using this, I have been able to get a 200% increase in traffic within 2 months.
- PinterestNinja – Well-known bloggers stand by this course, and I am going to be investing in it myself sometime soon. Check it out here
- Affiliate marketing for bloggers – The ONLY resource I have used, which taught me everything required. I also understood a lot of things that I were doing wrong and could have been dinged by Google. Thank god!
- Affiliate marketing simplified by Cate Rosales is one of the BEST courses I have come across. If you are thinking of investing in one, this should be it.
If you are wondering how to earn money at home for a housewife, this is your answer.
In case, you do NOT want to spend any money in learning the basics, you can sign up with Skillshare using my link and get free access to premium training for 2 months.
Work for Someone Else
If you want to make money online, you can also opt for working for someone else remotely.
While we talked about building a business in the section before, you can do the same thing but work with a company as well.
But, if you are not interested in becoming an online entrepreneur, this option might be a better fit for you.
You can work as an employee or an independent contractor.
Work as a Remote Employee or Contractor
The number of companies hiring remote workers are on a constant rise. You can find work at home jobs in almost every industry and in any capacity.
How to Get Started as a Remote Employee:
- Build a resume
- Check out job boards like We Work Remotely, Remote.co and others to find remote jobs.
- Apply to the jobs that are a good fit for you.
To give you a few example, you can
13. Become a Tutor
Online tutoring is a great way to make money online. The pay is great and amongst other benefits, you can choose your own hours.
As an online tutor, you can earn $20 per hour and up easily. A lot of it also depends on your qualifications and experience to teach a subject
How to Get Started as a Tutor:
- Check out VIPKID, Tutor.com, Chegg
- Evaluate the requirements on these websites and apply to those that are best fit for you
- Choose your hours and get started. On something platforms like VIPKID, you will also be required to give a demo class. Know more about VIPKID here.
14. Work as an At-Home Customer Service Rep
All businesses need customer care service. This involves everyone from customer care over call to online chats and emails.
Most of the companies nowadays outsource this job to customer service staffing companies like
How to Get Started as an At-Home Customer Service Rep:
- Check the websites listed above to find openings
- Apply to multiple opportunities to have the best chance of getting work.
There you go. That is how you can make money online without paying anything.
Resources that can help you with land work from home jobs
Skillshare – Get hold of FREE classes and learn a new skill today.
How to find and pitch clients your freelance services– You can find my strategies to find high-paying freelance writing clients.
Become a work at home mom– A FREE training session that comes along with a workbook and guides you through the entire freelancing journey.
FlexJobs You can find 100% legitimate work from home jobs and freelancing gigs on this platform