4 online jobs for stay at home moms without investment – Grab these location independent jobs now!
Want to get hold of location-neutral jobs that allows you to stay at home with kids?
It is a no brainer – Stay at home jobs for moms and being location independent allow you to have work-life balance.
There is nothing better than working from home and making money online (even part-time income!) while you also get to closely watch your baby grow.
Let’s be real –
Being a stay at home mom is difficult.
In between feeding the baby and changing diapers, we lose out on a “good night sleep”
A lot of us might be shifting from two incomes to one
And, all of us are migrating from work life to mom life.
So, if you are looking to utilize technology and the internet in your favor and earn money as a stay at home mom, this blog post is for you.
Let me share with you 5 location independent and stay at home jobs for moms which requires zero investments.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust. This means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
This has to be the topmost choice of moms wanting to opt for a location independent job.
Blogging is extremely flexible and the choice of women, stay at home moms and dads as well as digital nomads. It could be a full-time income or a location independent side hustle with part-time income.
So, it is true –
You can REALLY make a full-time income with blogging. There are many bloggers who started making $1000-3000 a month from their first year of blogging and they get to be completely location independent.
Relevant read on moms wanting to blog – Want to start a mom blog? Here are 3 practical tips for you
That’s crazy, isn’t it? If you love to write, network and market, blogging is FOR YOU.
You can start a blog with as little as $3.95 a month (if you are in India, you can also opt for Hostgator for Rs. 350 a month) or go with the free options. This is a step by step guide of creating an SEO friendly website that attracts relevant readers.
There are many ways to monetize your blog. You can focus on CPM ad networks (not Google Adsense), affiliate marketing (discussed below), sponsored posts or selling your own digital product (like this ebook on finding and pitching clients) or services.
Blogging is one of the best stay at home jobs for moms because it is incredibly profitable and flexible!
If you planning to start blogging this summer, do check out this post on Summer Slump for Bloggers: 5 expert bloggers tell you what to do!
Related articles on blogging – the best location independent job
- How to create a WordPress blog with Bluehost
- 5 surefire ways to come up with clever blog names
- 13+ online writing tools all writers and bloggers must-have
The very few blogging resources that I recommend on how to make money with a blog for beginners
- Ready Set Blog for traffic – It is an EXTREMELY underpriced course on how to make money with a blog for beginners. It tells you how to set up your blog, use Pinterest and implement SEO strategies. Using her tips, I have been able to rank on page 1 of Google. You can read my first income report here.
- TSA – They are a bunch of resources by the owner of theSheApproach. Her books are amazing and filled with great information. You can get affordable (and, many of them are free as well) on affiliate marketing, boosting traffic, and Pinterest strategies.
- Pinteresting Strategies – This is an affordable course that tells you how to use (and, how NOT to use) Pinterest to drive traffic. Using this, I have been able to get a 200% increase in traffic within 2 months.
- Pinterest Ninja – Well-known bloggers stand by this course, and I am going to be investing in it myself sometime soon. Check it out here
- Affiliate marketing for bloggers – The ONLY resource I have used, which taught me everything required. I also understood a lot of things that I were doing wrong and could have been dinged by Google. Thank god!
In affiliate marketing, you are paid a commission for a product you recommend.
So, let’s say, I recommend cookware set on Amazon. If someone clicks my link, visits Amazon and buys the product, I will be paid for it.
You know what is surprising?
Affiliate marketing, of all stay at home jobs for moms, gives immense flexibility because it DOES NOT always require you to have a blog.
You can use email lists, Pinterest, and other platforms to promote products. Just look into the terms and conditions of individual affiliate marketing programs!
The two most popular ways are –
- Recommending friends – For example, if you have friends who travel, you can make money with AirBnB and Booking.com. Similarly, you can also make money with Amazon affiliate links.
- Pin to profit – Do you know you can have affiliate pins on Pinterest? You can learn how to handle a Pinterest profile and start making money pinning things.
It refers to providing a service online in exchange for a fee. It is totally location independent and requires you to have a laptop and an internet connection.
Freelancing gives you an opportunity to work in the field you are already in, decently good at or interested in and work remotely. Your services can range from photography, writing, proofreading, online tutoring, web designing, copywriting, marketing, virtual assisting and more. There are so many jobs to from home for moms.
If you are good at writing, you should consider freelance writing or copywriting. This is how I landed a client that pays $250 a blog post and earned my first $900 as a non-native English speaker
Fiverr or Elance is a great place to start, build an initial client base and create client winning samples. You can also check out these 37 remote jobs website. With experience, you can branch out and start selling your services on your own writing website
Related ideas to land remote jobs:
- 10 ways to land freelance writing clients as a beginner
- 3 freelance writing job boards to land your first gig quickly
- 3 simple ways to create a killer freelance writing portfolio
- How to write a pitch that converts into a high-paying freelance writing job?
To list a few other stay at home jobs for moms
- Virtual Assistant
- Freelance Writing
- Pinterest Management
- Voice Artist
- Amazon FBA
- Flipping things for profit
If you have hobbies, you are lucky! You can monetize it and start making money with something you already love to do. Check out this post on Want to make money with hobbies this summer? 11 ways to make $2k+ a month
For those of you who want to start working remotely but do have the required money to invest in tools and courses, check out these posts (freebies + ways to make money online)
This can also help you KICKSTART freelance writing and earn your first $1000 as a writer without any experience.
If you are still wondering whether freelance writing is right for you, sign up for my FREE course which shares each and every strategy I used to earn my first $1000
If you are not camera shy (like me, ha!), Youtube could be a great option for you.
You can have a channel that can relate to traveling, cooking, baking, freelancing, blogging, technology, online tutoring, fashion, makeup and more. You can monetize your channel with ads. Check out this post on how to earn with Youtube
The more views you get, the more income you will generate.
There you go. These are the best online jobs for stay at home moms without much investment. You should also check out this post on how to start working from home with ZERO investment.
These legitimate stay at home jobs for moms that have the potential to make you a full-time income depending on the time you put in. Are you ready to make money online with NO investment?
For me, freelance writing has been the main source of income and then, blogging. I only spend a couple of hours writing the client deliverables. The best part is all the 4 mom jobs can work as a side hustle for stay at home moms!
Over to you –
Have any questions that you want to be answered? Have any apprehensions of working from home? Do you want to add on any stay at home jobs for moms to the list?
Comment below and lets’ talk?
Pin me for later!