Online Typing Jobs Without Investment
I know what you’re wondering – Are online typing jobs without investment are even real?
Well, let’s clear the air – they are. The truth is – Finding a typing job online can be difficult, especially if you don’t know where to look.
There are so many companies and websites out there that promise to be able to help you get started with your work-from-home career but most of them don’t deliver.
They usually give a lot of false hope and then fail to follow through on their promises once they have your money.
And even if they do fulfill their end of the bargain, it is not always what was promised or expected. This leaves people feeling disappointed and wondering if online typing jobs are even real.
Don’t worry. In this post, we will give you legitimate typing jobs that require zero investment and can help you make a full-time income.
This guide also shows exactly how I made my first $1000 with an online typing job in just 2 weeks working part-time hours!
Plus it gives real examples of what other people have earned by doing this kind of work at home job
Note – This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored listings. Please read disclosure policy.
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- Freecash: Get your own free account, complete small tasks, start collecting coins and cash them out. They’re giving out $500 a day & over $2500+ to their top users. Sign up here.
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed .Sign up now
- SurveyJunkie: With each survey, you can earn upto $3 – $7 easily. Signup here
- HarrisPoll: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get Signup bonus. Signup now
- Rakuten: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
- Neilsen Computer and Mobile panel: Get paid to ONLY install the app and do nothing else.
Looking for other paid survey opportunities, check out how to make $100 per survey and the highest paying survey companies.
- Online Typing Jobs Without Investment
- What are online typing jobs without investment?
- How Much Can I Earn From a Typing Job??
- Best online typing jobs without investment
- Online Data Entry Jobs
- Online micro typing tasks
- General Virtual Assistant (start with typing skills and then add on)
- Captcha typing jobs
- Transcription Jobs
- Freelance writing Jobs
- Translation Jobs
- Captioning jobs
- Copywriting jobs
- Where Else Can I Find Online Typing Jobs without investment?
- Editing Jobs From Home:
- Online Proofreading Jobs:
- FAQs – Online typing jobs without investment
- What are the job requirements??
- How much can you earn from online typing jobs without investment?
- How can I make money online by typing for free?
- What are some of the best online typing jobs?
- Can I work from home if I don't have any typing skills?
- How Can I Learn To Type Faster?
- What Personal Skills Do I Need to be a Typist?
- Conclusion: online typing jobs without investment
- online typing jobs without investment
What are online typing jobs without investment?
Typing jobs are online work that can be done by anyone who has a computer and an internet connection.
These jobs usually involve typing up documents, transcribing audio files, proofreading or editing as well as other related jobs such as web content writer, blog writer etc.
And the best part is – you don’t need any education or prior experience to do them.
Because of this, online typing jobs are a great way to earn money working from home without quitting your full time job.
How Much Can I Earn From a Typing Job??
Typing jobs are one of the highest paying work from home jobs.
People have made anywhere from $100 to over $1000 a month with these online typing jobs without investment. If you want the hourly rate, it could easily be $10-15 an hour.
However, if you’re looking for something more long term, it’s possible to earn over $5000 a month with certain typing jobs like proofreading, transcription, writing etc.
Just know that if you are looking for something more consistent and dependable, income is based on quality work produced not quantity of time worked.
For example – Like I said in the intro post, I made my first $1000 with an online typing job in just 2 weeks working part-time hours.
Best online typing jobs without investment
Online Data Entry Jobs
This is the most popular and common type of online typing job.
According to a US government statistics, you can earn $16 per hour with basic data entry jobs. However, the national average is between $12 and $15 per hour.
Many companies are looking for people to do data entry work from home as it is a task that can easily be done remotely.
The great thing about data entry jobs is that they are relatively easy to get started with and don’t require any additional skills. For example, you will get image to text jobs without investment.
All you need is a computer, Internet connection, and basic typing skills.
There are many data entry jobs available online, but most of them are low-paying and do not offer a lot of potential for growth. However, there are some companies that do pay well and have good benefits. You can find them here.
There are different types of data entry typing jobs:
Data Entry Keyers:
These online typing jobs usually involve extracting information from documents and typing it into a database or spreadsheet.
Data entry keyers play an important role in ensuring that the data is accurate and sent to the customer. The job usually requires you to be present in an office setting.
Data Entry Clerks:
Your job is to record data. For example, you can be a data entry clerk at a hospital. Your job would include keeping a patient record, accidental reports, visitors list, and much more.
Converting images to text: In this kind of typing job without investment, you would be required to extract text from scanned documents and then convert the document into a spreadsheet or database.
I personally do NOT recommend relying on data entry jobs. You can start off with them, but be ready to learn more. Check out this Youtube video on the reality of data entry jobs.
Where Can I Find Online Data Entry Jobs?
- SigTrack ($9-15 per hour)
- WorkingSolutions ($17-30 per hour)
- Axion Data Entry Services ($12-13+ per hour)
- Great American Opportunities ($0.40 per a form)
- Smart Crowd ($0.60 per 1k keystrokes)
Online micro typing tasks
This is a great option for people who want to start making money online but don’t have any experience.
Micro task websites are platforms that allow people to complete small tasks in exchange for a small payment.
The tasks can range from anything like data entry, typing jobs, writing a short article, transcribing an audio clip, or doing some simple data analysis.
You can earn $10 to $15/hour on average.
Where Can I Find online micro jobs?
There are many micro task websites available, but the most popular and reliable ones are:
- Amazon mTurk (check out other sites like mtuk here)
- Click Worker ($8 per hour)
- Microworkers ($100 per month)
- Rapid Workers ($1-3 per task)
- OneSpace (depends)
These platforms are great for people who want to start making money online without any investment or experience.
You can find a list of other micro task websites here.
That said, I have an opinion (which is against the popular opinion you may find on the internet today). Instead of just data entry jobs and online micro jobs, you should think about becoming a general virtual assistant.
I recommend you check out Abbey Ashley’s free course on how to start working as a virtual assistant.
This free webinar will help you understand how to start out as a virtual assistant and become a booked out as quickly as possible.
General Virtual Assistant (start with typing skills and then add on)
A general virtual assistant does a variety of tasks for their clients ranging from data entry, content writing, to social media and more.
Since this type of work requires some knowledge and skill, it is better paid than data entry jobs. However, you will need to have at least basic computer skills before applying for these jobs.
It would be wise to start your new virtual assistance career with some practice.
According to indeed, the average salary for a Virtual Assistant is $19.42 per hour in United States
To give you context, Abbey Ashely, started out as a data entry virtual assistance and slowly grew into other areas. In about a year, she was able to make $10000 months and now owns a million-dollar business.
She has a free workshop that you can take up here and learn from her. She is, indeed, the best.
Virtual Assistant Tasks
There are tonnes of Virtual Assistant Tasks you can take up:
Where Can I Find Virtual Assistant Work?
- BELAY ($21 per hour)
- Fancy Hands (up to $15 per hour)
- Virtual Vocations ($15 per hour)
- Zirtual ($16- $18 per hour)
- Time etc ($10- $11 per hour)
Captcha typing jobs
This typing job is quite popular among those who wish to earn money from home.
It’s an option for those who don’t have experience or expertise in other online typing jobs as it requires no skill or prior knowledge.
The only requirement is that you need good eyesight and good typing skills.
In order to make money from captcha typing jobs, you need to solve the online captcha which consists of a distorted number or letter shown in an image.
To get started with this type of work, all you need is a computer and Internet connection. There are many companies that offer captcha typing jobs for people at home.
However, I DO NOT recommend captcha typing jobs at all. I personally feel they are unethical and illegitimate. Read why I think captcha jobs are fraudulent.
You need to understand that most companies pay per 1000 captchas. For about 1000 captchas, you can earn as little as $0.1 to $0.4. If you can do 20k captchas, you can make $10/hour.
Where Can I Find Legit Captcha Entry Jobs?
- Captcha Typers ($1.5 for 1000 captchas)
- MegaTypers ($150 a month)
- FastTypers ($1.5 on 1000 captchas)
- Captcha2Cash ($1 for 1000 captcha)
You can also read my detailed review about Kolotibablo here.
Transcription work involves typing out what is said during audio or video recordings.
Some jobs will require that you transcribe recorded conversations, meetings, interviews, etc. Other’s will want their documents or books typed out paper by paper.
It’s not as simple as it sounds and requires careful listening and attention to detail. However, there is a growing demand for transcription work online and the pay can be very good depending on the job.
I have seen transcribers earn over $100 per hour of transcribed audio or video.
It’s not an easy task, but it can be a very lucrative one. Frankly, it can take upto 4-5 hours transcribing a single hour of audio. So, you cannot do a lot of transcription in one single day
According to Transcription Certification Institute, transcription is a well-paying career with many opportunities. A transcriptionist’s salary is generally around $15, while an advanced transcriptionist earns around $25 to $30 per hour. With this rate, you can easily earn $1,500 every month if you work 2.5 hours per day for 24 days.
You can either start
Whatever you pick up, remember transcription does require some knowledge and skill to begin.
The types of transcription jobs you can do are general transcription, legal transcription, financial transcription, and medical transcription.
For general transcription, you can transcribe voicemails, meeting resolutions, simple phone calls, and voice notes.
For legal transcription, you need to cover detailed court proceedings.
For financial transcription, you transcribe interim performance results, official press releases, financial meetings, and analysis reports.
For medical transcription, you need to have certification from an AHDI-accredited training institute. You also transcribe the dictations of doctors, pathologists, and healthcare workers.
Janet Shaughnessy, a highly-acclaimed transcriber with more than 10 years of professional experience, recently launched her free mini transcription course to help people learn the basics of transcription. In this course, she provides guides on general transcription as well as legal transcription.
She also provides tips for finding clients and other techniques to become a successful transcriber. The course is completely free and contains no hidden fees.
You can join her free general transcription practice sessions so you have a basic understanding of the craft.
However, if you want to be a legal transcriber, you should also check out her legal transcription practice sessions so you have a good idea of how that works.
Where To Find Online Transcription Jobs?
- AccuTran Global ($15 per an audio hour)
- Rev Transcription ($0.90 per audio minute)
- TranscribeMe ($15 per hour)
- Scribie ($15 per audio hour)
- BAM! Transcription ($0.75 per minute)
Freelance writing Jobs
The easiest but a high paying job are online writing jobs from home without investment. Let’s just say –
Freelance writing is one of the most popular ways to make money online. It is NOT just typing, but a lot of research, organization, and thoughtful writing.
There are many companies and websites that are in need of freelance writers for a variety of projects.
The pay varies depending on the project but can be very good. According to ZipRecruiter, The average hourly pay for a Freelance Writer Job in the US is $30.39 an hour and can easily translate into $100k and up.
If you are interested in making 6 figure income with writing, you definitely need help and t here is no better than Holly Johnson to guide you. She writes for top notch publishers including Forbes, Business Insider, The Simple Dollar and more.
Holly Johnson is a popular freelance writer who has written for leading publications like Forbes and Business Insiders.
There is noone else you should learn freelance writing from if you want to make money over $200k a year (just like her). Check out her course here.
Most freelance writing jobs do not require any additional skills or training, so you can start this online typing job without investment and with no experience.
To learn more about becoming a successful freelance writer, click here.
Types of Projects You Might Need To Tackle
- Writing for blog
- Writing for online publications like Holly Johnson does
- Writing for print publications
- Working on white papers
- Case studies
- Technical documents
Where Can I Find Freelance Writing Jobs?
If you are looking for online writing jobs from home without investment, here are a few platforms you can start with:
As the world becomes more and more connected, the demand for translation services is increasing.
Many companies are looking for people to translate their documents, websites, and other content into other languages.
The pay for translation jobs can vary greatly depending on the project. You can fetch up to $30/hour according to a recent ZipRecruiter study.
However, it is a very rewarding job that allows you to use your language skills. It’s also a great opportunity to study other languages and cultures.
You can be a live translator or a text translator. If you want to work full-time as a foreign language interpreter on live projects, this is something you should consider.
Types of Professional Translators
- Literature & Scholarly Translator: Literature and Scholarly Translators primarily work with academic or literary texts. These types of translators are able to translate the entire text. Their translations are often used for textbooks, academic papers, research reports, poems, novels, plays and other types of literary
- Advertising & Copy Translator: Copy and Advertising Translators translate advertising and marketing materials, such as product brochures, company/brand profiles or presentations for companies.
- Legal & Technical Translator: Legal and Technical Translators typically work with legal documents, technical manuals or legal contracts. Their translations are often used for patents, policies, procedures manuals and similar materials.
- Tourism & Travel Translator: Tourism and Travel Translators translate travel related texts including tourism brochures, restaurant menus, hotel presentations and destination guides.
- Technical & Scientific Translator: Technical and Scientific Translators translate manuals, presentations, product sheets, safety regulations and instruction books
Where Can I Find Remote Translation Jobs?
- Smartling (depends on the project)
- Appen ($10 per hour)
- Translate.com ($5 for 500 words)
- Stepes ($20 per hour)
- Welocalize ($19.96 per hour)
To find online translation jobs, check this out.
In captioning jobs, you will need to create captions for videos. Most of the jobs will be in media, entertainment, and news channel.
Just remember that captioning jobs require a lot of creativity and attention to detail.
Not only you need good typing speed (at least 65 WPM), but you also need to achieve at least 99% accuracy in live captioning.
You can earn up to $20-24/hour as a freelance captioner. According to Salary.com, the average rate is about $16 – 20 an hour and $58k a year.
Types of Professional Captioner
- Real-Time Captioner: As you can understand, you have to have fast typing to match the real-time event flow.
- Offline Captioner: Your job would include listening to a pre-recorded video and caption it.
Who Hires work from home or remote Captioners?
- Rev ($240 per month)
- Captioning Star (up to $70 per hour)
- Vitac($19 – $27 per hour)
- Aberdeen($75 per hour for live captioning/$15 per hour for closed captioning)
Copywriting is probably one of the most rewarding online typing jobs, but also takes a lot of time and effort to perfect.
You will write for other companies, businesses, and blogs. Your writing must be catchy enough to draw interest in your client’s product or service.
If you are passionate about writing, then copywriting may be the perfect online typing job for you.
To learn more about copywriting and how to get started, click here.
- 10 Jobs that don’t suck and pay well (no more cussing your boss)
- How to sell short stories for money? [Earn $1000 or more]
Where Else Can I Find Online Typing Jobs without investment?
Online Chat or Customer Support Jobs
You need to have excellent customer service skills to excel in this type of work, because it involves dealing with customers who are calling about their services or products.
This is where having great typing skills will come handy because you will be answering queries by typing.
You can easily earn $15/hour as a chat support rep. According to ZipRecruiter, the average yearly pay is around $26k.
There are so many full time jobs available as well so you can get advantage of 401(k), paid vacations, and a lot more.
Where Can I Find Online Chat Jobs?
- ModSquad ($15 per hour)
- LiveChat (depends on the project)
- The Chat Shop ($10 per hour)
- SiteStaff ($10 or even more per hour)
Editing Jobs From Home:
An editor is a professional who is responsible for reviewing and editing written material. This material can be in the form of manuscripts, essays, articles, or any other type of writing.
Editors are typically employed by publishing companies, but there are also many freelance editors who work from home.
You can earn approx $25/hour and over $95k a year depending on how much experience you have and other skills.
Where Can I Find a Job as an Editor?
- Jobs for Editors ($500 a month)
- Editor World ($0.17- 0.45 per word)
- Kirkus Media($400 per book)
- Cactus Communications ($4000 per month)
Online Proofreading Jobs:
If you are among those people who love editing, proofreading and finding mistakes in text then online proofreading jobs are for you.
As a proofreader all you have to do is read the work, notify them of any mistakes or flaws that you come across.
The majority of the time, you just have to fix any grammatical, syntactical, punctuation, and spelling errors in any written content.
According to Salary.com, proofreaders earn around $54K/year on average.
This 76-minute webinar is jam-packed with valuable information on finding out if proofreading is right for you, attracting your ideal proofreading clients and making money online. Check it out.
If you are looking to upskill yourself as a proofreader, I recommend you check this or this out NOW.
Where Can I Find Remote Proofreading Jobs?
- ProofreadingPal ($500- $3000 per month)
- Proofed ($25- $50 per hour)
- Gramlee ($0.02 per word)
- Polished Paper ($20 per hour)
- ProofreadingServices.com($8 per 1000 words)
FAQs – Online typing jobs without investment
What are the job requirements??
The requirements for online typing jobs vary depending on the job, but most of them require basic computer skills and a good typing speed.
In short, you are expected to have
- A desktop or laptop
- Internet connection
- Paypal account and a bank account
- Basic typing skills
- Foot pedal, if you want to transcribe,
- A noise-canceling headphone,
- A good keyboard
How much can you earn from online typing jobs without investment?
Do typing jobs really pay? Well, it depends.
The pay for different types of online typing jobs vary depending on the skills required, the difficulty level, and the popularity of the job.
However, if you do a diligent search you will find several good-paying jobs that can earn you $500 to over $1000 per month.
Remember, the more skills you add, the better your pay will get.
How can I make money online by typing for free?
There are tons of online typing jobs that you can do for free. You can either start freelancing as a transcriptionist, translation, or captioner or find a job with a company (part-time or full-time).
Freelancing: You have two choices –
- Finding clients independently: This takes a lot of time and effort, but you can work at your own pace and get paid for what you do. In fact, you can get paid what you want to. The best way is to start pitching.
- Freelancing websites: You can sign up on freelancing websites like freelancer.com, upwork.com and guru.com to find projects that suit your skills.
Working with a company –
This is easier because most companies will give you projects to work on every day. And the best part is they provide training, tools, and step-by-step guidance along the way. You can find a list of remote job sites here.
However, the pay is usually lower and you may not have as much freedom over your work schedule.
Start freelancing with this free course today.
What are some of the best online typing jobs?
The best online typing jobs vary depending on your skill set and what you are looking for.
However, some of the most popular online typing jobs include freelance writing, translation, data entry, copywriting, and captioning.
Each of these jobs has their own unique benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to do your research before deciding on which one to pursue.
Can I work from home if I don’t have any typing skills?
Yes, you can work from home if you don’t have any typing skills.
However, you will need to acquire some basic typing skills if you want to make a decent income from online typing jobs.
You can either take a class or learn through online tutorials. Once you have the basics down, you can start searching for online jobs that are suitable for your skill level.
I recommned starting out as a admin VA. Start here.
How Can I Learn To Type Faster?
To be successful in online typing jobs, you need to type faster and better.
There are several programs, courses and games available to help you achieve this. Here is a list of some:
- Take Typing Lessons: If you are in school, learning to type is part of your curriculum. If not, you can still learn typing lessons for free at TypingClub , Keybr and Type-Online .
- Push yourself to type faster each day: Online typing test can help you increase your speed by challenging yourself. By taking different types of test like hunt-and-peck , touch typing, free typing test and more, you will be able to know where you stand and what areas need improvement.
- Apps that can help you Type Faster: You can download some great apps for this purpose. For Android, you can try SwiftKey 3 Keyboard or for Apple, you can use the native iOS keyboard to type faster.
- Play typing games: Typing games can help you learn to type faster. It is a lot of fun and they have been recommended by most online typing jobs websites as an excellent way to learn how to type fast . You can try Secret of Qwerty or Epistory.
- Take typing tests: Take free typing tests regularly to track your improvement. A lot of websites, like like Typing, Key Hero, or TypingTest , offer free typing tests that will test your speed and accuracy.
What Personal Skills Do I Need to be a Typist?
You don’t really need many personal skills to be a successful typist. All you need is the ability to type, learn basic computer skill and most importantly, desire to work hard. However,there are two thinh you should definitely work on:
Attention to detail: Attention to detail is key in typing jobs. If you are unable to pay attention to detail, you might miss some important data or miss out on accuracy
Hand eye co-ordination: If you are working on online typing job it is very essential to have good hand-eye co-ordination.
Conclusion: online typing jobs without investment
You can find online typing jobs that will help you make money through various ways.
Whether it be to work as a freelance writer, copywriter, data entry clerk, transcriptionist, or other online job opportunities with typing skills–you should have no problem finding one to suit your interests and needs!
With the internet opening so many doors for us all in terms of making money from home, there are plenty of opportunities out there waiting for you.
Which type of typing job are you interested in pursuing?
Start freelancing with this free course today.
Hi buttercup, thank you for stopping by. We’re Chhavi & Amit.
We’re a couple who quit our high paying jobs as a lawyer and an engineer to start hustling online. Now we’re full time bloggers and YouTubers. We have been featured on Wealth of Geeks, Hello Sensible, Savoteur, Play Louder, A Dime Saved, Forbes, Business Insider, Readers Digest, CEO Blog Nation, Starter Story, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, BankRate and so much more.
MSN Bylined Writer