Things to weld and sell on ebay
If you’re an entrepreneur who wants to make money online, then finding ways to do so can be quite the challenge.
The good news is that there are things to weld and sell online (eBay or the like). However, knowing what those products are isn’t always easy.
We’ve done all the work for you by compiling a list of 13 items that anyone with a welder and some basic metalworking skills can build and sell on sites like eBay or Etsy.
Sign up for a FREE workshop on how to flip things online and make money
The post includes affiliate links.
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- Freecash: Get your own free account, complete small tasks, start collecting coins and cash them out. They’re giving out $500 a day & over $2500+ to their top users. Sign up here.
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed.Sign up now
- SurveyJunkie: With each survey, you can earn up to $3 – $7 easily. Signup here
- HarrisPoll: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get a Signup bonus. You can get signup now
- Rakuten: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friend, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE.
- Neilsen Computer and Mobile panel: Get paid to ONLY install the app and do nothing else.
Looking for other paid survey opportunities? Check out how to make $100 per survey and the highest-paying survey companies.
- Things to weld and sell on ebay
- How to make money welding in your garage?
- How to make money as a freelance welder?
- How to make money welding things in your garage and selling online?
- Can I really make money selling items I weld at home online?
- What tools do I need to be able to weld and sell things online for money?
- 18 things to weld and sell to make money online
- Things to weld and sell online OR not sell – Check this out
- Where to sell these welding projects?
- Other places to sell welded projects online
- Tips to sell welded projects online
- Frequently Asked Questions – things to weld and sell online
- Conclusion – Things to weld and sell online
- Things to weld and sell online
How to make money welding in your garage?
So, you want to know about things to weld and sell on eBay. There are two ways how to make money welding in your garage:
- Freelance Welder
- Weld and Sell things online
How to make money as a freelance welder?
Freelance welding is an exciting and rewarding career. It gives you the ability to work from home and make money while enjoying all of your favorite pastimes.
Check out TaskRabbit to start right away.
How to make money welding things in your garage and selling online?
If you want to make money online, there are tonnes of things you can weld in your garage and sell online to make money.
Some of them include metal art, dog bowls, table legs, door knobs, towel rack, jewelry stand etc.
Sign up for the FREE workshop on how to flip things online and make money
Can I really make money selling items I weld at home online?
In a word, yes.
The key is to have a clear vision of what you want to build and the tools required to do so.
What tools do I need to be able to weld and sell things online for money?
While you may have most of these welding equipments at home, if you don’t, you can start with these welding products to sell:
- Welding Helmet
- Fire Resistant welding jacket
- Shoes with steel toes
- Welding table or workbench
- Protection for your ears
- C Clamps
- Fire Extinguisher
- Magnets etc
Sign up for their FREE workshop on how to flip things online and make money
18 things to weld and sell to make money online
The top welding products to sell are:
1. Table legs:
You can weld new table legs or work on the entire table itself. The shipping costs for an entire table would be too much, so you can also think of just welding new metal legs.
Also, you can take old rusty and damaged legs from tables, couches or chairs that the local dumpster cannot accept and build new ones.
2. Dog Bowls:
You can take old chunky bowls and turn them into modern looking dog bowls by welding a new holder on it or create fancy ones from scratch.
3. Wall Metal Art:
You can create metal art for walls by welding metal sheets, which is now an up trending thing to do.
4. Towel rack
This DIY idea would cost you cheap and with a little bit of creativity, you can make this in any design or size that’s possible. You can sell this online or offline to make money.
5. Jewelry stands:
You can take old racks and rods from home and turn them into a jewelry stand by welding two such items together or get new raw material, get creative with designs and sell it on eBay.
6. Bar Stools:
Welding bar stools is easy and you can make new designs or give it an entirely new look by taking up the design in your own hands.
You can sell these online on eBay, Etsy or craft shows.
These are great for book lovers and you can create one yourself with scrap metal or buy it from a hardware store and get creative with colors and designs.
8. Napkin rings:
These are easy do-it-yourself projects and can be sold in your local craft shows or online. You can even try selling them on Etsy or eBay.
9. Metal Coat Hooks:
You can take old damaged coat hooks and create new ones with metal sheets at home by cutting, welding and giving it a new look with color etc.
10. Metal Planters:
Metal planters are great for house plants and you can make new ones at home with scrap metal sheets.
You can even give them a new color or design to make them look different from all others in the market.
Another idea is to create small hanging planters by welding two flat sheets together, decorating it with paint and hanging it with a piece of rope or wire.
11. Metal Shelves:
You can create new metal shelves at home with scrap metal sheets or buy it from a hardware store and get creative by welding them in different styles.
12. Photo Frames:
Photo frames are always in demand, so taking up this project is great for making money. You can either design your own frame or recycle old damaged ones into something new.
13. Metal sculptures:
You can take up sculpturing metal sheets at home by cutting, bending and welding to get new creative pieces.
They are great sellers on eBay, Etsy or craft shows for making money.
14. Clothes hangers:
These are easy DIY ideas that you can either do yourself with scrap sheets of metal or just buy them from a hardware store.
You can then just paint them in different colors, designs or shape to make then look completely new and sell it on eBay.
15. Metal Wreath frames:
You can create new wreath shaped frames from scrap metal sheets at home with a little bit of elbow grease.
They are great sellers on eBay, Etsy or craft shows for making money.
16. Garden bench:
This is a great idea for those who have a garden or a backyard where you can place this bench and enjoy spending time with your family.
You can either build one from scratch using metal sheets by welding, cutting and designing or just buy an already built one from a hardware store and paint it in your own style.
17. Kitchen pot rack:
You can create a stylish looking kitchen pot rack at home by cutting and welding the metal sheets together in a pattern.
These are great sellers on eBay, Etsy or craft shows for making money.
These are some of the top welding projects to sell and make money.
Things to weld and sell online OR not sell – Check this out
Where to sell these welding projects?
Wondering which are the welding projects market? We have it covered.
You can sell these things to weld and make money at home on eBay, Etsy or craft shows.
There are also some websites that help you sell handmade items online.
You can also try your local flea markets, garage sales etc for selling these items where you would get the profit after covering the cost of material used.
Things to weld and sell online – eBay:
eBay is a great option for selling your ‘to weld’ projects as it has a massive audience base.
There are different categories on eBay, you can choose the one that suits the product you want to sell and post an online advertisement of it there.
Here are some tips to list your welding project:
- Include detailed descriptions of your product, along with the price and category you are listing it in.
- Post pictures correctly to attract people online.
- Be open for negotiations so that you can get the best price possible.
Sign up for their FREE workshop on how to flip things on eBay and make money
Other places to sell welded projects online
The Facebook Marketplace can be a great platform for selling your ‘to weld’ items.
It has a wide audience base, and in many cases, you will find interested buyers who are near you.
The easiest way to sell your welded projects is Facebook Marketplace. You can just create a listing of the items you are selling, set up a fair price and let people buy it online without any hassle.
You can use different pictures and texts for your listings to see which one is more captivating for the target audience.
Instagram is an excellent social media platform for promoting your welding projects.
The ‘stories’ feature on Instagram can be used to showcase your products, along with pictures that can tell people about the material you used in making them.
Furthermore, the direct messaging feature lets buyers contact you easily if they are interested in buying any of your products.
Craigslist doesn’t charge any fees for selling items online, which makes it a great option for anyone who wants to sell their ‘to weld’ projects at the best price possible.
Here are some tips for listing your item on Craigslist:
- Use detailed descriptions and pictures of your product so that the person can know about the product and it’s features clearly.
- Include your names, addresses and phone numbers in the post so that people can contact you easily without any inconvenience.
- Post in different categories to reach a wider audience base.
- Know how to negotiate for the best price and stand your ground as well.
There are plenty of craft fairs happening all over the world where people come together to sell their handmade products.
You can sell your ‘to weld’ items, furniture and art at such fairs to get good profit in less time.
You can look at state level fairs, national level fairs as well as local fairs.
Garage sale or yard sale
In many countries, people organize garage sales or yard sales (even online yard sales) once in a while where they can sell their old products and make some money.
You can try these events for selling your ‘to weld’ projects in person.
You can use social media to promote the sale of your items beforehand so that you get an audience who is interested and buy.
Sell welded projects on Etsy
Etsy is a website dedicated to handmade products built with passion and creativity. It’s an excellent platform for selling your welding projects.
You can look at the items that are already selling on Etsy and get inspired for making something similar or better than those.
Before listing your product on this website, do some research and go through the tutorials on Etsy so that you know how to do it right.
Read this to know more about selling on Etsy
Sell welded projects on Amazon
Amazon is one of the most popular websites in the world.
You can post pictures and detailed descriptions of your products on Amazon to make it easier for buyers to search them online.
Posting a product on Amazon is pretty straightforward.
Learn how to sell on Amazon FBA in this post for free.
Look for local outlets
If you live in a town or city, there is high chance of having custom furniture stores, art centers and welding shops open nearby.
You can consider selling your ‘to weld’ projects at such places as they have a regular audience who is interested in buying welding products.
Create your own online store (website)
You can take a website designing company’s help in creating a professional website for your welding projects.
There are plenty of hosting options out there, where you can host your site along with e-commerce features (like Shopify or WooCommerce)
Include the details about the product and it’s making technique, along with pictures to attract buyers from all over the world.
You can start by using Bluehost and Shopify
Tips to sell welded projects online
A few things to consider before selling on any platform
- Take good photos. If possible, hire a product photographer.
- Shipping: Understand your shipping charges. It is always better to include that in your rates but you need to minimise the costs for you as well to make the product lucrative. Charge the shipping fees clearly before selling so that people don’t have anything to complain about when they buy your products.
- Include all the necessary details in your listings, such as price, size, color etc.
- Handling time: Be clear about how long it will take you to ship a product after receiving an order so that the buyer can plan his/her activities accordingly.
- Packaging: The packaging should be precise, secure and attractive to attract more buyers.
- Maintain communication with your customers once they have placed an order for you, this will help them trust you further and buy more products from you in future.
- Write good descriptions of your products and take clear pictures to get the best results.
- Gaining trust: If you want to sell welded projects online, there is no way around it; you will need to build a reputation for yourself and gain people’s trust by providing excellent customer support. You can do this by delivering all your orders on time without any extra cost and giving best after sales experience
Frequently Asked Questions – things to weld and sell online
Can you make money welding at home?
Yes, you can definitely weld at home and make money selling items online.
What can I weld to sell?
We have covered the list of the top 17 things to weld and sell online.
Where can I weld items and sell online to make money?
You can sell welded projects on all online and offline platforms including eBay, Amazon, Etsy, Facebook Marketplace, Instagram, craft fairs etc.
How much does a welder gets paid?
While ZipRecruiter is seeing monthly salaries as high as $21,375 and as low as $1,667, the majority of Self Employed Welder salaries currently range between $2,958 (25th percentile) to $6,708 (75th percentile) across the United States.
Conclusion – Things to weld and sell online
In conclusion, there are plenty of ways to sell your welding projects online and make money for them by following these steps:
Make a list of the items you want to weld and sell online, Research keywords related to your product and include them into your description so that it gets more attention from users on search engines
Things to weld and sell online
Hi buttercup, thank you for stopping by. We’re Chhavi & Amit.
We’re a couple who quit our high paying jobs as a lawyer and an engineer to start hustling online. Now we’re full time bloggers and YouTubers. We have been featured on Wealth of Geeks, Hello Sensible, Savoteur, Play Louder, A Dime Saved, Forbes, Business Insider, Readers Digest, CEO Blog Nation, Starter Story, Yahoo! Finance, MSN, BankRate and so much more.
MSN Bylined Writer