I cannot believe I am writing this today!
Coronavirus has been declared as a pandemic and the cases are only rising – which means – the shutdowns are here to stay.
We have no idea when the life would return to normal and we are all dealing with kids of different age groups (as well as teens) AT HOME and ALL THE TIME!
For anyone and everyone who is working at home (and, even if not), it becomes a difficult task to handle them, keep them interested, make them understand social distancing due to COVID 19 and ensure some learning happens while the schools are closed.
It is a LOT TO HANDLE!
The next weeks are not going to be any easier.
To help, we have put together a list of ideas that you can take up. Some of them need basic craft supplies but we have tried to make sure, most of them don’t.
We have also avoided activities that involve the internet assuming that you landed on this post for that!
Note – This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust. This means if you make a purchase using the links I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
— QUICK MONEY IDEAS —
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed. You can also work your way up to $7 per survey and product test .Sign up now
- InboxDollars: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get $5 Signup bonus. Signup now [If you are in the UK, sign up here – Inbox Dollars UK]
- Vindale Research: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
INDOOR KID ACTIVITIES
- Make a fort – You can do this with linen or any other way you think can keep kids busy.
- Spend time crafting together – You need not take up any complicated craft projects. Just a few crafting sheets, crayons, and paints will do!!
You can make puppets or stuff animals with socks. There are lot of guides online (both, blog posts as well as YT videos)
- Read together – There is nothing better to read books. Not only does it while away time, but it also helps kids learn a lot.
- Board games – Take out all of your board games and start playing! You can either let kids play it on their own or have family involved.
- Write letters – It is a long last art but it is a great time to write letters to your near and dear ones. Not only does it help connect and remember, but it also improves english and skills to express.
- Create a comic book
- Bake. You can bake cookies, cakes, cupcakes etc.
- Play Dough – If your kids are small, you can keep them busy with play dough.
- Play with lego. You can spend a lot of time making new and creative things with lego blocks. You can find a lot of Lego activities for kids here.
- Learn origami.
- Play cards. You can either play what you already know or learn new ones online.
- Do a movie marathon. You can watch educational movies with kids to ensure they learn from it. Check this list!
- Play pictionary and learn new words
- Build a fort of cards
- Listen to podcasts. You can find fun ones or educational ones – follow a combination of both!
- Draw or paint
- Video chat with friends, family. You can use Hangout, Whatsapp, FaceTime or Skype.
- Try to make musical instruments from various objects at home
- Make an indoor or an outdoor garden
- Exercise together.
- Learn a new language. You can make use of apps like Duolingo. You can spend quite a few hours and days doing this!
- Advance your vocabulary.
- Watch movies in different language and try to make your own stories.
- Cook a new cuisine
- Do puzzles
- Take a new online course
- Learn a new skill. You can sign up for free Skillshare classes.
- Learn photography. You can sign up for free Skillshare classes.
- Start a YouTube channel
- Do yoga
- Play dress-up
- Play hide and seek with objects or family
- You can learn to sew.
- Pick up a song and choreograph a dance routine to it
- Play scavenger hunt at home
- Print out colouring pages and work on it
- Put up a play. Have your kids select a play and perform their own creation
- Use water. You can fill up a tub, put animal toys into it and let your toddler play with it.
- Bowl indoors.
- Ask kids to help with household chores
- Play with water balloons
- Fly kites
- Play charades
- Climb a tree in your backyard
- DIY thumbprint family tree
- DIY foam paint
- Polka dot slime. Check this.
- Make obstacles using pool noodle. Here are 12 other ways to use pool noodle.
- Try Nail polish art
- DIY soap boat races. Check this.
- Play indoor hopscotch
- Play popcorn olympics
- Racing pom pom balls
- Create indoor golf. Look at this!
- Place your child into a cardboard box and give them colours
- Plastic plate tic tac toe
- Balloon Stamp Painting
- Turn a cardboard box into a marble run. Click here on how to do this.
- DIY laser maze
There are so many more interesting indoor activities for kids and teens here.
Resources that can help you with land work from home jobs
Skillshare – Get hold of FREE classes and learn a new skill today.
How to find and pitch clients your freelance services– You can find my strategies to find high-paying freelance writing clients.
Become a work at home mom– A FREE training session that comes along with a workbook and guides you through the entire freelancing journey.
FlexJobs You can find 100% legitimate work from home jobs and freelancing gigs on this platform