What happens when you mash an easy peanut butter cookie recipe with the best chocolate chip cookie recipe? You get the most delicious, easy peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
These cookies have all the goods, and the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen, just waiting to be mixed. As far as sweet treats go, it doesn’t get much better than these cookies. They are not too sweet, stay moist for a few days if you can resist eating them all immediately, and have a great combination of carbs, protein, and not-so-bad-for-you fats.
The recipe can be made with conventional sugar or Truvia for those looking to cut a few extra calories, watch their sugar intake, or look for something diabetic-friendly. We also like to use old-fashioned oats, Ghridellie dark chocolate chips, and crunchy peanut butter for a little extra texture.
All the ingredients are mixed in one bowl with a fork or spatula and baked on two baking sheets, making minimal and speedy cleanup. Since only five ingredients are on the list, the chances of making a special run to the grocery store are minimal.
If you’re a non-baker like me, you better have everything on hand when inspiration strikes, or I probably won’t make the recipe. So when it’s 10:00 pm, and you just remembered you’re supposed to bring something to share tomorrow, these cookies are a great last-minute save.
My Favorite Pantry Staples for This Recipe and More
- Crunchy peanut butter
- Ghridellie dark chocolate chips – I prefer to use dark chocolate in everything. This may be a good option if you bake a lot; otherwise, your local grocery should have a smaller quantity of the same brand available.
- Old Fashioned Oats
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar or sugar substitute
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream eggs, sugar, and peanut butter
- Use a sturdy spatula to incorporate oats, and mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Roll dough into 1-inch ball and place on an ungreased baking sheet
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies should appear dry before being removed from the oven.
Enjoy the treats now!