Write For A Digital Nomad Blog
So, you want to write for a digital nomad blogs?
That’s great news.
It is one of the best ways to establish yourself as digital nomad writer or get exposure to your YouTube channel, blog or business you have.
In this post, we will talk about how to write for digital nomads and what digital nomad blogs you can reach out to.
American digital nomads have grown by 49% from 2019 (7.3 million digital nomads) to 2020 (10.9 million digital nomads). — MBO partners
Note – This post may contain affiliate links. Please read disclosure policy
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- InboxDollars: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get $5 Signup bonus. Signup now [If you are in the UK, sign up here – Inbox Dollars UK]
- Vindale Research: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
Looking for other paid survey opportunities, check out how to make $100 per survey and the highest paying survey companies.
What is a digital nomad blog?
A digital nomad blog is basically a blog that is owned and run by a digital nomad or is about (and for) digital nomads.
If you have no idea what a digital nomad is, let me explain it a bit.
A digital nomad is someone who works online while traveling the world. However, in a latest research by MBO, they found that 54% of digital nomads travel full-time, while 46% of digital nomads consider themselves part-time traveler and work remotely.
Digital nomads work from co-working spaces, libraries, coffee shops etc and on laptops with wireless internet connections.
In most cases, they are either freelancers, YouTubers, influencers, coaches or bloggers. You can find your online business options here.
…. But, they could also be full-time employees with an organisation that have globally distributed teams. You can find such job opportunities on remote.co for example.
7.3 million Americans describe themselves as digital nomads, according to Forbes
Why write for a digital nomad blog?
There could be multiple reasons you would want to start writing for digital nomad blogs.
- Earn extra money writing for digital nomad blogs
- Start out your career as a freelancer
- Share your digital nomad journey
- Get more exposure to your blog, youtube or service
- Building backlinks to your digital nomad blogs
How much can you earn writing for a digital nomad blog?
It really depends on how you collaborate with digital nomad blogs for writing.
If you are looking for exposure and pitch a guest post, then you can get no monetary benefits from it. At least in most cases. There are a few blogs who do pay for guest posts and contribution so you can get lucky with a few buck or more (sometimes even decent pay for writing).
However, if you are pitching them as a freelance writer, then you can expect to get paid.
My favorite is teaching english online to Korean students. Do it from anywhere and earn good money
As a freelance writer for digital nomad blogs, you can charge anywhere from $50 – 200 for a 1000 word blog post which is search engine optimised.
After all, according to MBO partners report, 16% of digital nomads earn over $75,000 per year. Target them, pitch them and ear for writing for digital nomad blogs.
How to write for digital nomad blog?
There are several ways you can start writing for digital nomad blogs. Here are a few –
Be a freelancer writer for digital nomad blogs
We already touched upon it. You can become a freelance writer for digital nomad blogs.
Check out this course by Holly Johnson on how to earn more travel writing for digital nomad blogs. She is rockstar who makes over $200,000 a year writing for digital nomad blogs and other known publications online.
An overview of how to start freelance writing for digital nomad blogs would be:
- Picking a niche (which is travel or digital nomad related things)
- Creating a portfolio of samples
- Create packages and offers with your rates
- Establishing online presence with website, social media presence etc
- Pitching clients
- Closing deals
If you’re looking for an affordable online course on how to get started freelance writing, check out The Profit Plan. It is a collection of pre-recorded videos + weekly Q&A calls and a private facebook group.
Guest post and write for digital nomad blogs
If you’re a freelance writer or a digital nomad wanting to get more exposure to your own brands and business, guest posting is a great choice.
You can start writing for digital nomad blogs with a byline which establishes credibility for you.
Guest posting on digital nomad blogs not only gives you access to the blogger’s audience (other digital nomads) but it also gives you an opportunity to build relationships and eventually turn them into constant paid work.
Start your own digital nomad blog and write for it
Another great way to write for digital nomad blog is to start your own blog.
- Decide a name for your digital nomad blog
- Get a domain name
- Purchase hosting with Bluehost (you get the domain for free for a year)
- Install WordPress
- Install Kadence
- Start blogging
If you’re interested in blogging and making money from it, I highly recommend you check out Mike’s free course on search engine optimisation.
… and if you are interested in blogging and scaling up quickly, check out Elna’s course. It is affordable and valuable.
Best digital Nomad Blogs
Now that we have understand how you can start writing for digital nomad blogs, let’s talk about the best digital nomad blogs you can pitch.
Digital Nomad Soul
Do check out digital nomad soul here
It is digital nomad blog owned by Densai Mai. She quit her job to travel around the world and to finance it, she writes content and now she has a six figure business.
She accepts guest blogs from fellow bloggers and accept pitches from freelance writers as well.
Digital Nomad Wannabe
I personally follow Sharon Gourlay and are a part of her Facebook group. She has multiple digital nomad blog and her facebook group is the BEST place to find more digital nomads.
Get on her list and Facebook group to start networking and find opportunities to write for a digital nomad blog.
You can find both guest posts and paid writing gigs.
Check it out here
You can find all the details about writing for Nomadic Matt here. Not only have they listed out their requirements, but given examples of how a good pitch should look like.
… and, the best part, they pay $250 for a guest post.
Travel Bloggers Guide
This blog is owned by James. He runs a travel media business and a travel blog nomadicnotes.com.
You can find details about contributing to them here.
Great Escape Publishing
They are always looking to contribute to writing articles online that relates to the business of getting paid to travel, whether by writing, photography, giving tours or other means.
Besides this, they also consider interviews about getting paid to travel
How to get paid to write for Great Escape Publishing-
- Process: You can send a pitch directly to the editor at [email protected]
- How much do they pay you to write for them: Up to $200 and $150 for the interviews
Travel China Guide
They accept articles that are related to independent traveling in China and likely to be of interest or of use to other travelers.
How to get paid to write for Travel China Guide –
- Process: You can submit your article, here
- How much do they pay you to write for them: They pay between $200-500.
Check out the guidelines here
Alaska Airlines Magazine
You might not believe it, but 80% of the magazine is freelance written. Find how to submit an article here
Send submissions to [email protected]. Please use the following in your subject line: “Query: [your topic].
You can earn up to $500 a piece writing for them.
Screw the Nine to Five
Screw the nine to five is a digital nomad blog owned by Jill and Josh.
As the name suggest, they have a lot of great content for remote work, quitting 9-5 job and digital nomad jobs.
Adventure in You
You can check out the digital nomad blog here
Adventure in You has been founded by Tom and Anna and has been featured in publications like Forbes, Business Insider, Yahoo.com, Thought Catalog etc.
The Remote Nomad
If you want to write for this digital nomad blog, you can write on any of the following:
- The Digital Nomad Lifestyle
- Remote Work
- Entrepreneurship and Freelancing
- Mastering your Mindset
- Personal Development
- Professional Development
They have given the guest post instructions clearly here.
You will have to send an email to [email protected] with a Subject: Guest Blog Post. In the email, give her a few ideas, a few lines on each and link to your portfolio.
Nomad is Beautiful
They are always open to accept guest posts. You can write on
- Local tips for a destination
- Where to stay
- Travel gears
- Best places to visit in a country
- Travel videos
- Travel photography
- Outdoor lifestyle
- Digital Nomad lifestyle
You can find all the details to write for this digital nomad blog here
You will need to send a pitch with ideas, a few lines and link to your portfolio on nomadisbeautiful (at) gmail (dot) com.
This is a great place to start if you have no experience writing. Nomad Niche, is a digital nomad blog, which is open to accepting writing from beginners.
A few things they are looking for –
- At least 850 words article
- Focus on travel, digital nomad, remote work, travel gear
Natalie Sisson’s – The Suitcase Entrepreneur
The Suitcase Entrepreneur is a well crafted blog by Natalie Sisson.
The Suitcase Entrepreneur has been featured on TEDx Royal Tunbridge Wells, Problogger, FinCon, Social Media Marketing World, SociaLight, and more, and the Huffington Post named her one of 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs in 2017.
Parenting Passports and Profits
As the name suggests, this digital nomad blog, is all about parenting, passports and profits.
That means you can pitch them writing about parenting, travel, digital nomad, ways to make money etc.
You need to send in your ideas with a subject line “guest post submission”.
They are focused on SEO so you will need to tell them the article you plan to write, keywords, their volume etc
You will need to send a pitch with ideas, a few lines and link to your portfolio ‘support @ parenting.passports.profit dot com‘
Find other details on how to write for a digital nomad blog here
Chasing The Donkey
These guys are interested in content about
- Slovenia Montenegro, and
You can pitch to them here
Few other travel writing and digital nomad websites to write for
Horizon Guides is a popular digital nomad blog/website which covers fishing, photography, travel etc. There are tonnes of things it covers.
You can create elaborate destination guides for them and get credited as the author of it in the bio with social media links and back link to your website.
If you start to write for a digital nomad blog like this, you can get paid as much as £400 per assignment.
Find about their contributor network here
Go World Travel
Go World Travel is one of the best digital nomad blogs to reach out to. They consider travel writers and digital nomads from across the globe who can share value through their own stories.
The pay is not great. You can earn $30-$40 per article (up to 1600 words)
Submit your articles to submissions(at)goworldtravel(dot)com. You can find more instructions here.
Tips to write for a digital nomad blog
I’ve personally worked as a freelance writer for over 3+ years and here are a few tips from my experience:
- Research content ideas – It is important that you research content ideas before writing for digital nomad blogs. Brain dump all the things you want to include in that article.
- Research your keywords – While doing the research, also pick out the keywords from the articles that you read, google’s auto fill suggestions, FAQs and keywords at the end of the results on the page
- Write an enticing headline – It is important to have titles that have keywords but are also interesting enough for the readers to click on it.
Try CoSchedule Headline Analyser before finalising it.
Pro Tip – Finalise the headline at the end of the writing process to ensure it matches the final content.
- Structure your content and start writing
- Run it through grammarly to ensure there are no grammar mistakes
- Use Hemingway App to see whether or not you have written in simple English.
- Use photos
Tip to pitch writing for a digital nomad blog
A few tips to pitch writing for digital nomad blogs –
- Show off your personality. Digital nomads love personality – after all – they travel round the globe and meet different people. So don’t be very professional, be candid and show your fun side
- Make a connection. It is important to make a connection with the digital nomad blog owner. Say something that tells them instantly that the pitch is exclusively written for them
- Show how you can help them with your writing.
- Establish your authority by sharing your previous work, featured work, clientele etc.
- Insert a call to action
Final Thoughts On How To Write For A Digital Nomad Blog
So, are you ready to write for a digital nomad blog?
I hope this article on how to write for a digital nomad blog helped you with questions and if not, comment below and let me know.
Recommend courses on how to start a digital nomad blog
- Ready Set Blog for traffic – It is an EXTREMELY underpriced course on how to make money with a blog for beginners.
It tells you how to set up your blog, use Pinterest and implement SEO strategies. Using her tips, I have been able to rank on page 1 of Google. You can read my first income report here.
- TSA – They are a bunch of resources by the owner of theSheApproach. Her books are amazing and filled with great information.
You can get affordable (and, many of them are free as well) on affiliate marketing, boosting traffic, and Pinterest strategies.
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Stupid Simple SEO (FREE COURSE) – It is the best investment I have made in the blog land. Take Mike’s course, apply it on your blog and you can see the results pouring it.
- FREE SEO lessons (video) – If you’re looking for video classes on SEO, you cannot miss out what Lena has to tell you.
- Easy backlinks for SEO and Easy on-page SEO. Excellent resources!
Pinterest (DO NOT MISS THIS!)
- Take this FREE Pinterest class by Cate Rosales.
- Pinteresting Strategies – This is an affordable course that tells you how to use (and, how NOT to use) Pinterest to drive traffic. Using this, I have been able to get a 200% increase in traffic within 2 months.
- PinterestNinja – Well-known bloggers stand by this course, and I am going to be investing in it myself sometime soon. Check it out here
- Affiliate marketing for bloggers – The ONLY resource I have used, which taught me everything required.
I also understood a lot of things that I were doing wrong and could have been dinged by Google. Thank god!
- Affiliate marketing simplified by Cate Rosales is one of the BEST courses I have come across. If you are thinking of investing in one, this should be it.