In this day and age, it’s never been easier to purchase glasses online. As prices continue to be expensive, people are always looking for alternatives to buying cheap glasses.
With the rise of online retailers, buying prescription glasses, contact lenses, or even just fashionable frames has become a common practice for many.
Not only is it convenient to shop from the comfort of your own home, but it’s also a smart way to save money compared to traditional brick-and-mortar stores.
Whether you need to update your prescription, try new styles, or just be budget-conscious, buying glasses online offers a wide range of benefits you don’t want to miss out on!
Note – This post may contain affiliate links and sponsored listings. Please read disclosure policy.
Want to make money quickly? Here are a few platforms to earn up to $25 – $50 in a few minutes!
- Freecash: Get your own free account, complete small tasks, start collecting coins and cash them out. They’re giving out $500 a day & over $2500+ to their top users. Sign up here.
- PineCone Research: Earn $3 – $5 per each survey guaranteed .Sign up now
- SurveyJunkie: With each survey, you can earn upto $3 – $7 easily. Signup here
- HarrisPoll: Get paid to watch videos, play games, and shop online. Also, get Signup bonus. Signup now
- Rakuten: Up to $50 per survey & $0.50 per email. $5 per referring friends, sharing payment receipts. Join now for FREE
- Neilsen Computer and Mobile panel: Get paid to ONLY install the app and do nothing else.
Looking for other paid survey opportunities, check out how to make $100 per survey and the highest paying survey companies.
Why Online Shopping?
People who wanted to avoid going to physical stores turned to e-commerce during the pandemic, which increased demand for eyeglasses that could be purchased online.
The shift toward remote work and online education fueled the need for computer glasses and other home-based eyewear.
Additionally, the convenience and necessity of purchasing eyeglasses online increased due to supply chain disruptions and temporary store closures.
Consequently, during the pandemic, the market for online glasses experienced significant expansion.
Advantages of Shopping Online
Shopping online allows you to access high-end eyewear at lower prices because many retailers offer promotions and discount codes.
The buying process is now even simpler and more effective thanks to new features like try-at-home options provided by online retailers.
With your prescription and profile saved, future purchases become even more convenient once you have completed purchasing your first pair online.
The most time-consuming part of the process is choosing your frames and lenses, entering your prescription, and measuring your pupillary distance.
Places to Buy Cheap Glasses
If you need multiple pairs or have a strong prescription, wearing glasses can be expensive.
However, you don’t need to break the bank by getting glasses because many online retailers sell cheap glasses that everyone can afford.
One of the most well-known online eyewear stores is Zenni, which sells frames starting at just $6.95.
Due to it selling full-featured pairs of glasses at an affordable price, it beats most of its competitors.
Beside regular glasses, you can order cheap prescription sunglasses, blue-light glasses, and tinted glasses.
If you want to save money, Zenni is the place to buy your glasses. Additionally, they offer progressive, polarized, and anti-reflective lens options and a virtual try-on feature.
Zenni Optical’s selection and pricing are comparable to Eyebuydirect, starting at just $6.
Additionally, they offer transition lenses and polarized lenses, as well as a virtual try-on feature. Their selection is huge, so you’ll surely find one you like.
Through their partnership with Vision Direct, they also offer eye exams online.
Another low-cost option is GlassesUSA, which offers a wide range of glasses (over 9,000 frames) and contact lenses for as little as $19.
Unlike some competitors, it offers free shipping and a 365 days warranty.
They also provide progressive and polarized lenses, a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, and a selection of lens options.
The company also gives student discounts and an Amazon gift card when you refer someone.
Warby Parker offers fashionable eyewear at a reasonable price, with frames starting at $95, which includes contact lenses.
They also accept a variety of insurance providers to make your purchases as affordable as possible.
Additionally, they have a program called “Buy a Pair, Give a Pair,” in which for every pair of glasses purchased, they give one pair to a person in need.
39 Dollar Glasses
39 Dollar Glasses, as the name suggests, sells a variety of prescription glasses for as little as $39 with several budget-friendly frame options.
They even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a virtual try-on feature. The company is known to have donated over $600,000 worth of eyewear to those in need.
Want to shop for your favorite designer frames? Then FramesDirect is the perfect place to shop.
If you know big brands like Coach, Michael Kors, and Tory Burch, you’ll find amazing glasses that you will like at FramesDirect.
You buy prescription or non-prescription frames at a reasonable price.
Roka is known to have the best performance glasses, so if you have a super active lifestyle, you want to try out Roka.
Starting at $145, premium eyewear brand Roka Eyewear offers fashionable, high-quality frames and prescription lenses.
The company is giving its customers a new experience by allowing them to have an at-home trial with the glasses before buying them.
This makes shopping even more fun and worth it. Additionally, they provide a 14-day satisfaction guarantee and a virtual try-on feature.
If you want your glasses the next day, Overnight Glasses got you! Prescription glasses are shipped quickly, making the company stand out from competitors.
With most orders shipped within 24 hours, you can get your glasses the next day.
Starting at $48, they offer a wide range of frames and prescription lenses.
Liingo Eyewear sells prescription and no-prescription for men and women. Whether you are looking for eyeglasses, sunglasses, or blu light lenses, they have it all.
When you are looking for certain frames to buy, Linngo sells their frames only. You can expect to buy glasses that range from $79 to $129.
SportRx is an online store that offers eyeglasses and sunglasses, both prescription and non-prescription.
The best part is that it sells goggles and safety glasses too. The company has a strong reputation for customer service and many great customer reviews.
SportRx is quite competitive and is a bit more on the expensive side They have a large selection of frames and lenses for various sports and outdoor activities.
Additionally, they provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a virtual try-on feature.
These top 10 online retailers are places you should try if you are looking for cheap glasses.
Whether your glasses snap or you don’t feel like driving to the store, you can quickly go online to see your options.
No driving is necessary, and your order will be delivered shortly after clicking “purchase.”
Benefits of Purchasing Glasses Online
The convenience of ordering from home, the availability of a wide range of styles at competitive prices, and the growing popularity of e-commerce all contribute to the high potential for expansion of the online eyeglasses market.
Additionally, the ability to try on and purchase glasses online has improved with technological advancements, making the process simpler and more user-friendly.
The demand for online glasses is driven by the growing emphasis on cost savings and customer convenience, resulting in market expansion.
- Cost-Effective: If you need more than one pair, you can save a lot of money by buying glasses online. You get to shop and save at the same time. You can buy several pairs without breaking the bank at prices that start at $6.
- Numerous Options: There are a lot of websites that sell cheap eyeglasses that offer a wide range of frames, including both modern and traditional designs. You can find glasses that complement your style or something funky if you want to be fun.
- The Shopping Experience Is Convenient: Shopping for glasses online is simple and convenient. Before making a purchase, you can see how the glasses look on your face with virtual try-on features. Like many of these websites, they make shopping even easier by providing free shipping and returns.
- Quality: Websites that sell affordable eyeglasses provide high-quality frames and lenses at reasonable prices. You don’t have to spend much money to get high-quality glasses.
Things to know when buying prescription eyeglasses and contact lenses online:
- Know your pupillary distance and prescription: You can get a paper copy from your optometrist or measure it yourself with an app or PD ruler. Virtual vision tests are available from Warby Parker and other online retailers.
- Find a balance between price and quality: Online, you can purchase basic single-vision glasses for less than $20, but lenses of higher quality offer greater clarity and weight.
- Find deals for the holidays: Many online stores offer slightly better deals and frequently run promotions with discount codes during the holiday season.
- Carefully read the return policy: While some online stores only offer store credit, others provide full refunds. If something goes wrong with your order, be sure to read the policy.
- Verify acceptance of FSA/HSA and insurance: Before making a purchase, verify that some online stores accept payments from health savings accounts, vision insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Eye Care on a Budget
Buying glasses online is a smart and convenient way to save money on eyewear.
Not only do you have a wider range of options and the comfort of shopping from home, but many online retailers also offer promotions and discounts, making it easier to find a great deal.
Whether you need glasses for everyday wear or a special occasion, shopping online provides a budget-friendly solution that doesn’t sacrifice quality.
Give it a try next time you need some new frames. Your wallet and your eyes will thank you!
This article originally appeared on Hello Sensible.
Cindy is the founder of The Money Dreamer, a blog about personal finance, lifestyle, and travel. After realizing the 9-5 job was not for her, she decided to take risks so that she can live her dream life which is financial freedom. She decided to venture out and learn personal finance related topic to help others who want to do the same.